Wagon superiority thread

1993 Volvo 240 Classic, 1446/1600. The Classic designation was given to the last 1600 Volvo 240s produced.

Inga is shown south of I-70 in Gove KS and on CO 50 next to the Arkansas River east of Salina CO on a month long 6,600 mile trip in late September.

She is configured for long distance travel with heavy loads: rear overload springs, AT cooler, adjustable temp pusher fan, OT and OP gauges.
FDB23584-A7AE-4D72-9322-7655F4B1A0D2.jpeg
9CC73253-B224-4308-B9D0-771BBDC6A9ED.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the wheels on the W8!
Me too - "Madra" - they are made by BBS and are factory 2-piece. BTW - dig the Volvos...I hang out with the RVA Swedes club up here so Volvos and Saabs.

Looks nice! is that a hitch on the back?
It does have a hitch. Used for a bike rack by the previous owner.

The paint and exterior are flawless. It was garage-kept. The interior has the minor wear one would expect from a 17+ year old car but is still very nice.

No pic, I saw a bitchin’ E39 BMW 540iT wagon at the local Costco recently. It wasn’t the 6-speed that was nearly an M5 of that era, it was the 5-speed ZF auto. And I saw a clean Mercedes W124 300TE last weekend.

No pic, I saw a bitchin’ E39 BMW 540iT wagon at the local Costco recently. It wasn’t the 6-speed that was nearly an M5 of that era, it was the 5-speed ZF auto. And I saw a clean Mercedes W124 300TE last weekend.
All 540 wagons came auto originally at least. Some have been swapped. Great ride when nothings breaking, you know, BMW style. I used to have one for a few years.

I saw a Mazda6 wagon yesterday, no idea on year but it looked older. I wanted to get a pic but it wasn't possible, I didn't even know there was such a thing.

I saw a Mazda6 wagon yesterday, no idea on year but it looked older. I wanted to get a pic but it wasn't possible, I didn't even know there was such a thing.
Always liked those and still see them once in a while.

I remember seeing a couple of Nissan Maxima diesel wagons in the mid 80’s. They were very rare when new but one of my favorite wagons ever! I haven’t seen one in several decades.

Summary video on my channel about my Sportwagen

Back