Wagon superiority thread

No - the Haldex awd system is never going to be able to send power back without power to the front. You can knock out the stability control which helps it slide a little. Funny you mention the track - I'm goign to a driving school this weekend at VIR in VA with it.
I didn't mean rwd only but having the rear axle "locked in" with the front so they spin up equally when under power while turning and potentially drifting. WRX's with similar straight line performance to your car are quite handy at autocross as they really put the power down exiting corners, especially the tighter ones.
Have fun at the track, VIR looks really fun and not too hard on the brakes as I imagine you can easily overpower the stock ones with the acceleration you've got.

I didn't mean rwd only but having the rear axle "locked in" with the front so they spin up equally when under power while turning and potentially drifting. WRX's with similar straight line performance to your car are quite handy at autocross as they really put the power down exiting corners, especially the tighter ones.
Have fun at the track, VIR looks really fun and not too hard on the brakes as I imagine you can easily overpower the stock ones with the acceleration you've got.
Oh got it! A bit different system than the Subi's but yes, great at powering out of corners with some power getting pushed to the back for sure! I've had in the mountains and had no issue keeping up with much better handling GTIs that were with our group.

When you absolutely positively need your groceries now. Thing did great at VIR sans some f. brake issues after a few runs the first day of the event - new rotors/higher-heat pads/fresh high-temp fluid sorted it. Hit 130 in the straight - instructor with a guy in a new Audi RS5 said go around....never could catch me. Got ask by a lot of folks what kind of heat I was packin' in the Wagon Queen Family Truckster! Wagon power!!!!
_23A1073.JPG
_23A3728.JPG
_23A4283.JPG

Awesome! Have you done much to the suspension? Looks a bit lower and nice and flat in the corners.
Suspension upgrades are H&R Sport springs on stock dampers and a H&R 25mm rear sway bar. Handles great. Went with 18x8.5 et 45 wheels with 235/40 tires which also helps out (a bit bigger/wider). My instructor was impressed when he drove it.

Nice action shots! Bonus points for the vanity plate that 99% of the public wouldn't get.
Thx. Only the MK7 GTI/R folks know what this means.

Last edited:
@TiGeo

Boy do i miss my Ralliart Sportback Turbo.
Recording the burble of a new axle-back Magnaflow....

And yup, it had a K&N drop-in. o_O

Last edited:
Not mine, but saw these beauties in the last week. Buick is driven by grandma & might likely garaged. Showroom clean20201124_140145.jpg20201120_145355.jpg

Finally got a real snow day here in Utah. There's a nice uphill right hand turn coming out of my neighborhood, fairly steep, and it was still covered in snow this morning. I gave it the beans and got the Alltrack sideways a bit as it ripped up that hill like it was nothing. This AWD works well and the nearly instant cabin heat makes the Alltrack one sweet winter driver.

Nice Passat Wagon TiGeo, did it all work out with cars and bids?

Finally got a real snow day here in Utah. There's a nice uphill right hand turn coming out of my neighborhood, fairly steep, and it was still covered in snow this morning. I gave it the beans and got the Alltrack sideways a bit as it ripped up that hill like it was nothing. This AWD works well and the nearly instant cabin heat makes the Alltrack one sweet winter driver.

Nice Passat Wagon TiGeo, did it all work out with cars and bids?
So far. Just waiting on delivery.

Back