VW Tiguan 2.0 Tdi 4motion 2021

About 21,000 at this time (we drive quite a bit). And I never said there was a problem since the HT/HS of the 508 00 oil is adequate under most circumstances. But that’s not what I’m after, and there’s no downside to a somewhat higher HT/HS other than a slightly lower fuel economy that I’ll never see in real-world driving. A smallish 4-cylinder engine with a turbocharger isn’t an unreasonable application in which to use the 504 00.
I changed out the original fill at 1000 miles just to get the debris out of the engine. Refilled with 504. The first thing I noticed was the engine was a lot quieter. It stopped sounding like a sewing machine.

I changed out the original fill at 1000 miles just to get the debris out of the engine. Refilled with 504. The first thing I noticed was the engine was a lot quieter. It stopped sounding like a sewing machine.
Not mine, it still sounds as though there is something wrong with it although there is not. The fuel injector system is far louder than any I've ever heard before.

The current EA888 3G isn't exactly the best sounding engine. My very first VW 2.0 TFSI
(EA113 Mk.5 GTI) has been much more pleasant. It still had a toothed belt instead of a
chain, thicker wall block and cast aluminum oil pan as well as less excessive fuel pressure.

Back