VW surpasses Toyota as number one in sales 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Starman2112

It's been a great truck, but it was made back before Nissan quality slipped. Rest assured, next truck will be a Tacoma.

Well, at least in Tennessee you don't need to worry about the frame rotting out from beneath it. Been a big issue in the northern US and Canada on both the Tacoma and Tundra. Toyota has been good about fixing them at least.

Did you know this wasn't Toyota's fault?

Yes. They have been good about fixing them. A new frame for a ~10 year old truck is quite nice IMO.

I am aware of the situation that arose between Toyota and Dana and Dana awarding Toyota compensation in the lawsuit. However I still believe that Toyota did not follow QC well enough, otherwise, they would have caught the issue. But yes, they are being quite good about it, and that is worthy of praise.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: supton
I bought quality 505.01, 506 and then 507 oil for my VW. Still snapped the turbo shaft.
21.gif

It was really old with a lot of miles on it.
21.gif

So, like all those gaskets on 4Runner, or sludge in 3.0 V6?
Every manufacturer has issue, it is just noticeable that Toyota drivers consider yearly change of calipers on 4 Runner normal (in their world, anyone else must change their even more often), substandard brakes also normal etc.
Also, 505.01, 506 and 507 are not made for same application.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
507 replaced 505.01

Yes, same like 504.00 replaced 502.00 but not in reality. 504.00/507.00 can be used in 505.01 applications, except that PD engines love heavy Euro oils (5W40), which 504.00/507.00 is not and cannot be.

I bought quality 505.01, 506 and then 507 oil for my VW. Still snapped the turbo shaft.
21.gif

21.gif

But eddy said turbo issues were due to the owners not changing oil with the right oil. I did. It still broke.

21.gif

21.gif

But eddy said turbo issues were due to the owners not changing oil with the right oil. I did. It still broke.

Yeah and?
Lot of people bought Toyota Camry and soon became example of sludge infested engines.
So?

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75
Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Toyota per se is OK. What I am worried about are Toyota drivers.
There are no drivers that are paying less attention on the road then them.
Driving 65 in 75 limit in left lane, entering construction zone, 45mph limit, they still drive 65 in left lane.

BINGO!

This includes ALL non BRZ and WRX Subaru, MOST Volvo, and ALL Honda CRV drivers here. These also notoriously will cross all lanes of traffic in a brake right maneuver from the left lane so they don't miss their exit at the last second.

Yeah, however none of them can compere to Lexus drivers who enjoy driving 65 in 75 in left lane, holding on the wheel like for dear life while Sienna engine is ticking under the hood.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
vw stinks....period. and i am entitled to my opinion just as everyone else here is..

Of course you are entitled.
Even people like you who drive cars that are interesting like average dish washer have opinion.

thats funny joker. but at least my cars stay on the road and not in the shop. oh, and do not cost an arm and a leg when they do get serviced like your bavarian motor works....

Last edited:
vw stinks....period. and i am entitled to my opinion just as everyone else here is..

Even people like you who drive cars that are interesting like average dish washer have opinion.

thats funny joker. but at least my cars stay on the road and not in the shop. oh, and do not cost an arm and a leg when they do get serviced like your bavarian motor works....

If you knew how to work a wrench, your "arm and a leg" repair costs would decrease by about 400%.
smile.gif

Arm and leg? OE brakes are cheaper then lexus, and the brake better. Oil is cheaper, it is done in my garage. Drives like 100 times better then that under covered Camry you have. However, I must agree on one thing. When I was helping friend with one Toyota (that had failed transmission) found out that Toyota/Lexus dealerships have the best pop corn. That is the fact!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
The only Lexus I like (and by like I mean love) is the LS.

It's a proper luxury ride. All the rest are tarted-up Toyotas.

You have point there.

21.gif

21.gif

Yeah and?
Lot of people bought Toyota Camry and soon became example of sludge infested engines.
So?

And?

I'm not denying that Toyota had sludge issues. It was you who stated that VW turbos break due to owners using wrong oil. Toyota sludge problems are a separate issue, not sure why you are bringing that up.

To run this to a conclusion: are you saying that my turbo snapped due to just old age or a lark? That, despite proper oil usage, it failed due to defect?

Quote:
And?

I'm not denying that Toyota had sludge issues. It was you who stated that VW turbos break due to owners using wrong oil. Toyota sludge problems are a separate issue, not sure why you are bringing that up.

To run this to a conclusion: are you saying that my turbo snapped due to just old age or a lark? That, despite proper oil usage, it failed due to defect?

Could be defect. Could be fuel. I had turbo failing on PD TDI due to fuel.
Could be manufacturing defect. Point is, all manufacturers have issues, however, many of issues on VW's and other are avoidable only if drivers paid just a bit more attention.

21.gif

21.gif

Yeah and?
So?
Lol, still talking about Toyota sludge? That was from 16-20 years ago in 1 engine
crackmeup2.gif

If you knew how to work a wrench, your "arm and a leg" repair costs would decrease by about 400%.
smile.gif

hey ask him i know how to if i chose to do so.

Arm and leg? OE brakes are cheaper then lexus, and the brake better. Oil is cheaper, it is done in my garage. Drives like 100 times better then that under covered Camry you have. However, I must agree on one thing. When I was helping friend with one Toyota (that had failed transmission) found out that Toyota/Lexus dealerships have the best pop corn. That is the fact!

alright stop cryin already...let it go. get over it. i said my piece, but as usual some people on here just keep moaning. i guess only some are entitled to theyre opinions on here..sad

Last edited:
smile.gif

Really. How does that work?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
smile.gif

Really. How does that work?

It's the case with most Euro cars.

On the BMWs I service, oil changes are $150 at the dealership. When I do it, the oil and filter costs $50 max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back