VW Corrado, What is it worth? $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said the Scirocco is a much better car over all.

I would still like to know what the car would be "worth"
Keeping in mind there is a Auto X market for the car-
My personal thinking was that it would be a decent buy at $3,000
(I would skip trying to fix the ABS (pull the bulb) Hunt down the electrical gremlin ignition [censored] and call it a day)

However, I am going to continue on the original mission: find a project motorcycle
smile.gif

Last edited:
I wish VW would bring the new Scirocco to the US, but they'd need to give it more than the 2-liter 200hp engine to successfully compete in this sporty compact category and somehow differentiate it from the GTI.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I would look at a similar aged BMW instead. Far fewer issues and there are models that are equally as rare.

M3:

1990_bmw_m3-pic-28098.jpeg

Favorite car of all time - by the way !

Last edited:
If it's the Corrado with the four cylinder engine and G Lader supercharger don't even consider it . If it has the VR6 engine it could be a nice car but look on VW Vortex for info .

Does your state have annual inspection? Will it pass with the ABS light on? I guess you could put the electrical tape on it!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I would look at a similar aged BMW instead. Far fewer issues and there are models that are equally as rare.

M3:

1990_bmw_m3-pic-28098.jpeg

That one is SWEEETT in that color with the BBSes onit!!

Ironically (maybe OVERKILL posted it on purpose
21.gif
), did anyone notice what's sitting in the garage??
lol.gif

Carrado in the background?! Ha maybe they can play nice together...
(Or maybe the guy is a euro master tech and could give a rats colon how many times it breaks down)

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
C'mon, man. Nothing rare about a Mustang.

I can see wanting the car for its 'uniqueness' but i could not even consider an older Corrado with known issues.

You are far braver than I.

There were only 5,100 '93 Cobra's built. That's pretty rare. And the car I suggested.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Doesn't start good, doesn't stop good? You have balls that clank if you plan on taking that any significant distance from home.

Guys, you will NOT believe what I saw today while driving in Canada: One of these cars, black, with a pink set of "clankers" hanging on the back near the exhaust! He was driving it like it was stolen. I was expecting it to vaporize right before my eyes but he got off the highway (under his own power).

I'm glad you took a pass. At first it seemed like you wanted someone to convince you to buy something that you knew you should pass up, but didn't have the strength to blow it off on your own.

Originally Posted By: Cogito
I'm glad you took a pass. At first it seemed like you wanted someone to convince you to buy something that you knew you should pass up, but didn't have the strength to blow it off on your own.

Well it was on my radar for some time -and when low mileage anything pops up I figured I should at least look at it.

The funny thing is my question was "WHATS IT WORTH? " A car has a value no matter how unreliable, quirky etc etc...

Typically, I re-finish 1 or 2 cars/motorcycles over the winter -drive them a bit, then find something new. Often I can make a small profit but mostly it just satisfies my Car Attention Deficit Disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back