VW 508 spec. What's so special about it?

How’s the EV KoolAid?

Almost nobody is buying EVs unless for Business Use as they have huge tax advantages in the UK and Europe.

Norway is subsidising EV adoption with money from Fossil Fuel.

Hilarious
No idea I don't own one. Post about 508 VW oil littered with EV commentary.

So Volvo take part in Tin Foil Nonsense?

Don’t even own a PHEV or EV?

Don’t know any fleet that is using large numbers of EVs?

Amazon tried the EV Sprinter in London and the very next year they bought diesel Transits

The London Ambulance Service bought Mustang Mach E as Response cars and due to all the kit they need charged every day despite doing around only 40/100 miles a day depending on where the vehicle is stationed

They have also bought EV Transits, the issue being they have to try and find a lightweight trolleys because the standard ones (which are light compared to the old hydraulic ones) make the vehicle overweight with a patient on.

But you enjoy the EV koolaid

After all you must know more than the Engineers at Toyota and Volvo….
😂😂😂
That application issues of using an EV in the scenarios you've mentioned has zero bearing on the fact that EV's have lifecycle emissions which are orders of magnitude lower than the comparable ICE. Toyota sells all over the world. Splitting ICE sold to second/third world economies with first world EV's will wreck their business model. It's not so much an engineering issue but a cost and jobs issue. Toyota can't yet build a profitable $20,000 BEV. In fact no Western car company can.

For the record I don't own nor to I foresee myself owning a BEV any time soon.

Last edited:
What happened to it?
Cyl 3 lost compression compared to the rest. I actually didn’t notice anything wrong performance wise. I was about to tune the car, had the COBB in my hand sitting in the car, and decided I should do all the maintenance I said I was gonna do before I tuned it.

Oil, plugs, check compression so I had a baseline. When I was doing plugs after I did the oil I realized the cam cover was leaking on the back side and compression seemed a little off for cyl3 so I stopped everything and took it into the dealer to let them deal with that before I tossed the remainder of my warranty out due to the tune.

I asked them to address the cam cover leak and do a leak down test that I said I’d pay for if they found nothing wrong. They found I needed a new long block.

8.5 weeks later I had the car back. This was height of pandemic and they had to bring in an engine from Canada. Kept it a bit longer but the car was trouble for me over the 4 years I had it and I dumped it for an Audi I dumped 16 months later for an MK4 R32 haha.

The vehicle had strict 5k interval changes with M1 0w-40 (which always consumed 1L between changes, as did 2 other MK7s I ran it in so I stopped), which I just can’t bring myself to run again after that experience though I doubt it had anything to do with anything. Who knows.

In your opinion

If this was about Global Emissions there wouldn’t be any EVs.

Volvo has shown the fallacy of EVs
This seems to contradict what you’re saying? I guess it depends on your source of electricity.

“The C40 Recharge has approximately 5 per cent lower total carbon footprint than
XC40 Recharge when charged with EU-28 electricity mix. It has also a lower total carbon footprint than the XC40 ICE (E5 petrol) for all the analysed sources of electricity for the use phase.”

Back