VOA Database

I started this awhile back here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/collection-of-20-weight-api-sp-voas.342292/
and here: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/collection-of-xw-30-api-sp-voas.343019/

My time no longer allows me to keep it updated the way I'd like. Plus, people were asking for a downloadable version anyway. So I had the idea to convert it to a Google Sheet that certain people could be given permission to edit/update, and everyone could view and download as a local spreadsheet. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone interested in helping keep it updated?

One thing I'd like done is for the VOA threads listed on this sheet to be chased down and linked to the sheet. Any volunteers would need to be familiar with editing Google Sheets, as it could be mucked up pretty quickly otherwise.

Here is a link to the sheet as it stands. I've included separate tabs for 20, 30 and 40 grades. It can be improved (info on certifications can be added if the oil is not API SP, SN+ or SN) and I'm sure there are a bunch of other great ideas you guys can come up with. Let this thread be a place of discussion. If there's enough interest and it becomes a solid single source of VOAs, the mods may decide to make a sticky thread for it. If not, it can die a slow death here. ;)

Link to VOA Database

Last edited:
I've updated the spreadsheet with some direct links to the VOAs. I'll keep doing this as I have time.

I'll ask again, if anyone is interested in helping me maintain this spreadsheet, let me know and I will get you write access to the sheet.

Thanks!

I recently updated the database with results from a couple of YouTube channels for:
ST FS 5W30
ST FS HM 5W30
M1 FS 5W30 (Triple Action)
M1 FS HM 5W30 (Triple Action)
Castrol Edge EP 5W30
Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W30
M1 EP 5W30
Valvoline EP 5W30
Liqui Moly Moly Gen 5W30

I linked to each VOA within the videos, so the link should jump directly to the results.

Just a heads up: I sent in a virgin sample of Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W30. Should have results in a couple of weeks. This is one that has piqued my curiosity for quite some time. I have never seen a VOA for it. The PDS has it significantly thicker than non-HM versions of PP (11.4 cSt). I want to see if that holds up in the VOA, as well as see how the add pack and TBN compares to the rest of the PP and PUP line. The bottle I sampled from was dated January 2023 so it should be the most current formulation.

I sent a sample of virgin Ravenol VMP 5W30 to Blackstone. It arrived yesterday. Anxious to see the results as this is what I put in my car. Will post them.

Thanks for this!

Do you know if there is something similar for ATF's? I have seem the sheet that compares the ATF's against the Honda DW-1 but not a comprehensive one like you have.

Please add:
Amazon Basics Euro 0W-40
API SN, ACEA A3/B4
Tested by Speed Diagnostix

Viscosity @100C: 13.7
Oxidation value 7.9
Ca 3115
P 1242
Zn 1327
Mo 0
B 0

I transcribed the values from this video. No other values provided, but still useful.

Done. I also added a column for oxidation, though I'm not going to go back and retroactively look for oxidation values for the results that are already in there. If someone thinks it's important enough, I'd accept their help in getting it done, though. Thanks for pointing this one out and transcribing the values from the video. I appreciate it.

Here’s a new one to add when I get the results back

Attachments

• AA53DF11-3A65-45B3-A8CC-7E0A1D386C23.jpeg
    AA53DF11-3A65-45B3-A8CC-7E0A1D386C23.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 35
I appreciate the database thus far. ProjectFarm had SuperTech recently done. From 7/8/22. Here is his post of said VOAs
Ill also attach them with default names PF set.

I'll also post the video incase you need visual identification for API etc

Attachments

• SUPER TECH 5K-220708.jpg
    SUPER TECH 5K-220708.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 134
  • SUPER TECH 10k.jpg
    SUPER TECH 10k.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 134
  • SUPER TECH 20k.jpg
    SUPER TECH 20k.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 123
  • SUPERTECH 10K HIGH MILEAGE.jpg
    SUPERTECH 10K HIGH MILEAGE.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 133
I appreciate the database thus far. ProjectFarm had SuperTech recently done. From 7/8/22. Here is his post of said VOAs
Ill also attach them with default names PF set.

I'll also post the video incase you need visual identification for API etc
Looks like the last link is wrong (same as 3rd link), but I got the info from the video. These oils were tested back in July of 2022 and he used them in a different video as well (the "Is High Mileage Oil Better?" video shares these UOAs). Database should be up to date now. Thank you.

Back