Vinyl Roof Protectant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I have this Grand Marquis done up "Old Man style" with the full vinyl roof. Thankfully, it's the same color as the car!

Anyway, is there a product that might help protect it from sun damage and getting as dirty?

Thanks!

Any water based protectant like 303 will work fine. Only problem is they don't last long. So instead I'd recommend RaggTopp vinyl protectant. It's marketed to convertible car owners but works on all sorts of vinyl products. I've used their cloth top protectant with excellent results so I'm sure their vinyl product is just as good.

http://www.properautocare.com/ravipr.html

Sweet. Thanks for the info - I'll look into those products!

Originally Posted By: nj300se
OK, so I have this Grand Marquis done up "Old Man style" with the full vinyl roof. Thankfully, it's the same color as the car!

Anyway, is there a product that might help protect it from sun damage and getting as dirty?

Thanks!
I'm a big fan of 303 protectant, but I recently got some Astroshield on the trim od my 07 Envoy. It turns trim white. I was going to use the ole peanut butter and toothbrush trick to get the stuff off, but I found an old bottle of 3M "Marine Outdoor Vinyl Cleaner, Conditioner and Protector" in my garage. The part number is 09023. I decided to give it a try. I used on my mirrors, door and hatch handles, license plate holder, running boards, roof racks, and mud flaps. The white residue appears to be gone, and the black housings for my mirrors look awesome. Many products can make vinyl shine, but this stuff put the black back in everything I used it on. All looks brand new. I don't have any long term feedback on this stuff as I just applied it this week. I would like to also comment on the finest car wash I've found yet. I use Klasse All In One on my cars most of the time. I read in an online forum that this stuff makes a fine car wash. I decided to give it a try. I use two capfuls in a good sized bucket. It removes bugs and brake dust better than anything I've ever used. As an added benefit, it does not strip the black off the vinyl trim, and appears to help preserve gloss. A wonderful product.

OK, I just wanted to update this post - I got the Raggtop products recommended above. The cleaner worked very well, and the protectant really did a nice job bringing out the color of the vinyl without making it all 'Armor All' shiny.

Its been cold so I have not been able to apply it recently, but when the roof is wet the water still beads from the last application in November. Nice products, and a bleated 'thanks' to everyone who offered suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back