Video in reference to the trax cold start knock

For visibility purposes I am posting this video in regards to my other post. Mods bear with me. I also posted it on page 2 of original post.

I need this car to last another 2 years! Thanj you for all of the replies and help!

Ok, engine seems to run for a while before oil pressure silences noise. In my mind that is not piston slap. It is valve train related.....lifters, timing chain and tensioners, and guides, and possibly cam phasers. Another possible way to diagnose it is to use a diagnostic computer to shut off the ignition coils after the engine has cold soaked. Then crank the engine a sufficient number of revolutions to establish top end oil pressure. Then re-energize the coils so that the first cylinder that comes up to TDC fires and the engine starts. If the noise is not present or is minimal, that possibly suggests that noise is valve train related and disappears when top end oil pressure reaches normal saturation level.

Sounds normal to me. Seems 99.9% of cars have a second to two of startup noise. It's just that the oil has drained completely into the oil pan, and what we're hearing is the oil being pumped back up into the valve train. When OHC engines became mainstream, so did startup valve train/lifter noise.

My friend's 19 Ram truck (V6) sounds like a can of marbles every cold start. Within seconds it's silent. Been like that as long as he's had it.

Sounds like my MGM if not "flood cranked" first after sitting more than a day or so, tensioners bled down (although my Ford 4.6 2V modular has audible chain to cover contact if the tensioners aren't pumped back up first, so yours isn't as bad). Try holding the throttle to the floor, crank it 25-30 seconds, key off, right back on, start it, see if the noise disappears.

Sounds normal to me, the engine hasn't built any oil pressure. What was the ambient air temperature? What oil are you running?

I bought a new filter. Pil only has 1k on it so maybe the adbv failed on the old one and the oil is really taking its time getting from the pan instead of the filer. I also ordered some liquimoly
Sounds normal to me, the engine hasn't built any oil pressure. What was the ambient air temperature? What oil are you running?
Around 40 degrees. Castro black bottle 5w30

Back