Vehicles they no longer make that I miss (and would possibly buy) if still made

Honda's of that time were pretty well put together, I got to drive a clean late 80's Civic hatch around Vancouver a few years ago and it was pretty solid really. Might not be the first car I'd pick to do 1000 miles on the interstate, but if there was some windy roads at the end, I would put up with it. It also fit a modern enduro mountain bike in the back with the seats down, and a couple guys at the trailhead were impressed with the new $6k carbon mtb coming out of the 30 year old econo car!
Light years ahead of anything domestic at that time. My '86 and '91.

2-Civic.jpg
4-Civic.jpg

I still keep my 1995 reg cab with a 4.9 and 5 speed going. its getting up there in age though. The last time I got in it I was disappointed to learn the air conditioning didnt kick on. It had a pretty good run I'll say
I guess mine was a 5 speed manual. I just couldn't remember it was so long ago but I really liked the truck. I had a 96 with a V8 and 4x4 too. I would keep your 1995 and have the a/c repaired. They are very nice trucks.

Pontiac G8 GXP
Chevy SS

Same car essentially, but reasons for either model. Really, the last of the naturally aspirated, large V8 powered, manual trans muscle sedans, and because of the platform they were actually quite agile. More of a katana compared to the Hellcat bludgeons…

I guess mine was a 5 speed manual. I just couldn't remember it was so long ago but I really liked the truck. I had a 96 with a V8 and 4x4 too. I would keep your 1995 and have the a/c repaired. They are very nice trucks.
Yeah. I will keep it but my neighbor who's husband passed away some time ago has a 2001 ish PSD reg cab that hasnt moved since he passed. If I can get the guts to ask her about it I would love to buy it and send this 95 back to my dad where he can finish destroying it.

Ranger with a stick shift. Preferably with a 2.7 and in the current size Ford offers, not the classic Ranger.

Chevy C/K stepsides. Anywhere from the mid 60's to the mid 80's. All of them were sharp.

Mercedes W123 stick
BMW e30 and e36 stick
VW Vanagon, water cooled stick
MGB (you ever see an automatic)
'86 Civic Wagon stick
Gen 6 Accord stick

All cars I've owned, although the Vanagon we had was air-cooled and the 123s were automatic.

I liked the idea of Acura ZDX. Not necessarily Acura’s implementation which was ugly, too heavy, and had too many compromises but I like the idea of a sportier AWD vehicle that is a split between a car and an SUV. I think in its best year Acura sold
Ahh a unicorn. Bubble wrap it and put it in a climate controlled garage

Back