Valvoline Restore & Protect

I recommend R&P for the next 100k. Definitely car abuse. I have the same engine and everything in the upper engine oil block should be sparkly clean and not coated with varnish.

Trust me, I'm very aware. I keep my vehicles very well maintained. This was all my siblings doing

I wouldn't rely on those guys that answer online chats to have much in depth information on anything. As discussed in the past the newly released SDS sheets indicate that they have switched to GTL as @Triple_Se7en indicated in the EP HM line-up.
I'm still learning, what do you look for in the SDS to tell you?

I'm still learning, what do you look for in the SDS to tell you?
The Fischer–Tropsch (FT) reaction alludes to the presence of GTL in the base oil. As you can see, it's 80-90% GTL.

Screenshot_20240411_020452_Word (1).jpg

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to test what Valvoline claims. If it doesn't do much within 4 changes (going to try every 3 months/2k miles) then I'll do something like that.
Let us know how it goes. The oil seems to be doing what its claimed by customers based on outside reviews.

Id would vet the oil myself but have already jumped on the HPL train before it hit retail shelves in my area.

The Advanced Fuel Economy oil is Mobil-1 most watered down CAFE entry.
A move-up to either the EP or ESP (if it fits) is often recommended here.
I don't think they have 5W-20 in ESP. technically bottom of the line, would be Mobil synthetic. Mobil 1 advanced, still advertises, triple action..

Was trying to decide if I need to make my own thread or continue here. Please let me know. But just changed the oil, filter, engine filter. I thought the car only had 178k miles. It's 240k miles.

Replaced the express lube oil filter for the fram ultra synthetic. Unknown oil removed, but dad thinks its castrol. He pays $30 for the change so I'm assuming conventional. Filled the oil filter before install then filled 4.8ish qts of oil. Measured right at the full mark.
The oil filter thread/ housing was varnished. I cleaned it as much as i can.

my youngest brother (20 years old) hates driving, so this only takes him to and from work. He doesn't put many miles on the car, so this is purely an experiment for myself to see how well this oil cleans. I plan on doing a change every 2 or 3 months. Haven't decided yet. Probably 3 since he puts like 500 miles a month.

20240507_131023.jpg

20240507_124313.jpg

20240507_123417.jpg

20240507_124636.jpg

20240507_130404.jpg

It's been 4 days since I put valvoline restore and protect in my brother's 2009 nissan versa with 241k miles. I didn't expect a difference since he's probably driven it a handful of times since (54 miles). But I asked him to send a pic of the oil fill hole. After coaching him over text as to which one that is, 🙄😅 here are the pix: new pic is the more blurry one.

It's mot much, but it is making a difference. We'll see how much changes over time.

Screenshot_20240511_165243_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240511_170006_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20240511_165721_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20240511_165705.jpg

It's been 4 days since I put valvoline restore and protect in my brother's 2009 nissan versa with 241k miles. I didn't expect a difference since he's probably driven it a handful of times since (54 miles). But I asked him to send a pic of the oil fill hole. After coaching him over text as to which one that is, 🙄😅 here are the pix: new pic is the more blurry one.

It's mot much, but it is making a difference. We'll see how much changes over time.

View attachment 218870

View attachment 218872

View attachment 218873

View attachment 218874
Some change. Please keep us updated.

Back