Valvoline quick lube sucked my oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Originally Posted By: PumpPusher
I wouldn't put the old filter back on. No telling what trash pile it rolled around in. Not for $11.

You're right too. I'm assuming they have a special container for filters though.

That,plus probably they dented it all up removing it. Going back for the old filter sounds like total insanity.

It does sound insane, haha. I'll just forget about it.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The Valvoline filters are Purolator aren't they?

I couldn't tell you what the last one I pulled off was. All I know was that the can dented with almost no provocation and I ended up going and buying one of the sockets that fit the top of the filter to get it off.

I'd attribute the difficulty in removing to Valvoline overtightening it. The can seemed a lot thinner than any Purolater I've ever handled. I was and still am a Purolator fan(albeit I usually buy the Motorcraft branded ones) and have never had one dent when I removed it.

Sounds like typical quick lube Monkey Shines.

Honestly, I would make them cough up the dough for a new M1 filter and not take back the one they just spun off.

Originally Posted By: PumpPusher
I wouldn't put the old filter back on. No telling what trash pile it rolled around in. Not for $11.

agree 100%! no way I would put that old filter back on, even if it only had a couple miles. no way, Jose.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
It's not even worth the gas or headache to go back.

I won't, but it's on the same road I usually take on my way home from work.

My 02 Accord V6 EX came with wheel lock and I bought it with 0 mile and it was still on the [censored] delivery truck.

I have my oil changed at a garage that has been in business since 1951, and the original owner is there everyday! He is in his early 90's. He still writes the service tickets and does inspections. Who says used motor oil is bad for your health!

The oil change guy has been there for many years, no employee rotation like the Iffy Lubes. He is in his early 70's, Korean War Veteran.
Watching him change oil is like poetry in motion.
Before he even starts, all the correct size tools are lined up on his workbench.
All steps are perfect ..... oils the filter gasket, correct torque on drain plug, wipes off all excess drain oil, checks under vehicle for any problems.
I complimented him one time, and he said "I work on other people's cars like they were mine".
This guy should receive a BITOG award!

Dealers throw those McGuard locking lugs on cars right when they get them to thwart midnight wheel thieves. Then they act like they're doing the buyer a favor.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Dealers throw those McGuard locking lugs on cars right when they get them to thwart midnight wheel thieves. Then they act like they're doing the buyer a favor.

And add a $300 addendum to the sticker price. Plus the paint sealant, interior protectant and tacky pinstripes!

The only people excited about getting wheel locks are the ones who haven't had to shatter them off with an air hammer or burn them off.

The [censored] things cost me 4 studs, 2 rims and a tow. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back