Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic at my Wal-Mart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently picked up a jug of Valvoline MaxLife synthetic for my v6 Mustang. I was suprised my Wal-Mart is now carrying it. My question is though, should I use a high mileage synthetic oil? My car has 91,000 miles on it and does not leak. It doesn't consume much oil either. I just think that the Chevron Supreme I have might be too thin for my application (requires 5w-30). What do you think? Thanks!

I would go with just good old fasioned synpower then. Save the maxlife for leakers and consumers. Or stick with MC blend.

Last edited:
Use a high Mileage oil....MaxLife is a great oil that I've been using for awhile now. I use a 5w30 which I feel is a perfect weight for my use and climate. The 10w30 might be OK for California.

Be sure you use a good upper tier oil filter (pass-up Frams), such as Purolator PureOne or its clone, Bosch Preminum.
Redline SL-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Originally Posted By: OceanRocket24
I just recently picked up a jug of Valvoline MaxLife synthetic for my v6 Mustang. I was suprised my Wal-Mart is now carrying it. My question is though, should I use a high mileage synthetic oil? My car has 91,000 miles on it and does not leak. It doesn't consume much oil either. I just think that the Chevron Supreme I have might be too thin for my application (requires 5w-30). What do you think? Thanks!

If the Chevron is 5W-30, it is fine for your application requiring 5W-30. It's actually that simple!

It is a great oil and you should use it. Someone saying that you only use it for cars that have leaks is plain crazy.

This is one of the best/robust oils on the mkt for any car. New car or a high mileage car, it has great numbers and should work great for your application. The Maxlife semi blend would probably work just as good in your car as the full synthetic and costs only around $15 for 5 quarts. At that price I would just change it every 5K or even 7K should be fine.

Today i went to my local WM and hesitated to buy Valvoline WB 5 quart jug at 10.88,can anybody confirm me this is a good product and what oci should i pull of this one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn
which Walmart did you buy it at? i cant find it aat any walmart in California

Victorville wal land has it. 26 bucks I think.

$26 for what? Valvoline WB (white bottle) = Conventional Oil. Give me a break....

Just went to my WalMart today.....here in Central Oregon
Valvoline Symthetic $20.50 / 5 qt. jug
Valvoline Maxlife SYN $22.50 / 5 qt. jug
Valvoline MaxLife Blend $14.50 / 5 qt. jug

MaxLife is a great high mileage oil.
Redline SL=1 Complete Fuel Sys Cleaner

Last edited:
Actually, I saw the 5 quart jug at my local walmart (5w30)

I want to say it was 23 bucks, I think. I have to take a look....

forgot to mention i cant find any in NORTHERN california If anyone knows any in Northern cali that sells it please share!

Originally Posted By: daveams
Today i went to my local WM and hesitated to buy Valvoline WB 5 quart jug at 10.88,can anybody confirm me this is a good product and what oci should i pull of this one.

One of the best oils imo.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: daveams

One of the best oils imo.

A very good oil, and wow thats a awsome price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
$26 for what? Valvoline WB (white bottle) = Conventional Oil. Give me a break....

If you were following the thread you would know they were talking about MaxLife Synthetic.

Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn
which Walmart did you buy it at? i cant find it aat any walmart in California

The Wal-Mart in Gilroy, CA. It is right across from the Chevron gas station!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back