Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic at my Wal-Mart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Originally Posted By: OceanRocket24
I just recently picked up a jug of Valvoline MaxLife synthetic for my v6 Mustang. I was suprised my Wal-Mart is now carrying it. My question is though, should I use a high mileage synthetic oil? My car has 91,000 miles on it and does not leak. It doesn't consume much oil either. I just think that the Chevron Supreme I have might be too thin for my application (requires 5w-30). What do you think? Thanks!

If the Chevron is 5W-30, it is fine for your application requiring 5W-30. It's actually that simple!

Thanks addyguy! The Chevron is 5w-30, but people talk about the thiness so much, that it continues to concern me, even though people have told me otherwise.

Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn
which Walmart did you buy it at? i cant find it aat any walmart in California

The Wal-Mart in Gilroy, CA. It is right across from the Chevron gas station!

is it this one?
7150 Camino Arroyo
Gilroy, CA 95020

Quote:
is it this one?
7150 Camino Arroyo
Gilroy, CA 95020

YES!! I think it should be on one the lower shelves, right next to the MaxLife synthetic blend. It hides and looks like it is the Synpower. It took me two look overs to find it, haha!

Last edited:

Quote:
is it this one?
7150 Camino Arroyo
Gilroy, CA 95020

YES!! I think it should be on one the lower shelves, right next to the MaxLife synthetic blend. It hides and looks like it is the Synpower. It took me two look overs to find it, haha!

do you know if there are any closer to the SJ area?

Quote:

170 Cochrane Plaza
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408) 779-8172

5502 Monterey Rd
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 363-9050

777 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 885-1142

I can't guarentee that they will have it there, but these look like the closest ones for you.

Quote:

170 Cochrane Plaza
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408) 779-8172

5502 Monterey Rd
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 363-9050

777 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 885-1142

I can't guarentee that they will have it there, but these look like the closest ones for you.

yeah was hoping maybe if you knew if these sj walmart carried them. I guess i'll have to swing to by gilroy when i drive down to SJ.
Thanks though..let us know how you feel about maxlife syn!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: addyguy
I just recently picked up a jug of Valvoline MaxLife synthetic for my v6 Mustang. I was suprised my Wal-Mart is now carrying it. My question is though, should I use a high mileage synthetic oil? My car has 91,000 miles on it and does not leak. It doesn't consume much oil either. I just think that the Chevron Supreme I have might be too thin for my application (requires 5w-30). What do you think? Thanks!

If the Chevron is 5W-30, it is fine for your application requiring 5W-30. It's actually that simple!

Thanks addyguy! The Chevron is 5w-30, but people talk about the thiness so much, that it continues to concern me, even though people have told me otherwise.

You're right - Chevron 5W-30 is a 'thin 30-weight', being only 9.7cst @100C.

But, the truth is most 5W-30's shear-down to around 9.0-9.5 cst in service anyway, so the Chevron 5W-30 actually thins much less than other oils, ie, it's more stable b/c it 'starts' where other oils 'end'.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back