Valvoline MaxLife 5w-30 Blend Toyota 2UZ-FE

Recently bought a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8 (2uzfe) 4x4 one owner with 220,000 highway miles. Owners took it to Valvoline most of its life and oil changes were every 3-4K documented. Transmission flush every 2 years, drivetrain drain and fill every 30k.

My question is, the engine isn’t leaking at all. Should I stick with Valvoline Maxlife blend or would there be a significant difference moving to the synthetic version of this oil? Seems the PDS valvoline has for these oils doesn’t show a lot of differences. Thanks!

Recently bought a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8 (2uzfe) 4x4 one owner with 220,000 highway miles. Owners took it to Valvoline most of its life and oil changes were every 3-4K documented. Transmission flush every 2 years, drivetrain drain and fill every 30k.

My question is, the engine isn’t leaking at all. Should I stick with Valvoline Maxlife blend or would there be a significant difference moving to the synthetic version of this oil? Seems the PDS valvoline has for these oils doesn’t show a lot of differences. Thanks!
Why not go full?

I was going to use Mobil 1 0w-40 which I use in all of my other Toyota/Lexus cars and trucks calling for 30wt, but the tendency to leak scares me lol.

Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage (Maxlife) is good oil, switching won't hurt it but I recommend you stick with a high mileage oil for whichever brand you choose.

I would stick with what has been working.
Appreciate the input! Yeah if I won’t gain any longevity with expensive synthetic I might stick with the Maxlife and maybe run a flush or two of HPL 30EC. With the meticulous maintenance this V8 has seen I’m not even sure there is much in the way of carbon.

Appreciate the input! Yeah if I won’t gain any longevity with expensive synthetic I might stick with the Maxlife and maybe run a flush or two of HPL 30EC. With the meticulous maintenance this V8 has seen I’m not even sure there is much in the way of carbon.
You don't need to run no HPL flush or any other flush in a maintained 4.7, keep up with decent oil change intervals around 5,000 miles and don't forget the timing belt it is an interference engine, that engine will likely run another 200,000 miles.

I wouldn't bother with the HPL. I am the minority here but what do you hope to solve with this?
Maxlife is great for older engines that (in my opinion here) feel old. Burn oil, Long cranks just aren't worth putting the best in.
That engine is going to last forever regardless of oil you use. Personally, I'd use Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage and be done with it all. Change the oil every 7,500 and go on with your life.

I wouldn't bother with the HPL. I am the minority here but what do you hope to solve with this?
Maxlife is great for older engines that (in my opinion here) feel old. Burn oil, Long cranks just aren't worth putting the best in.
That engine is going to last forever regardless of oil you use. Personally, I'd use Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage and be done with it all. Change the oil every 7,500 and go on with your life.
I like the sound of this. Already a fan of Mobil one, and this oil should keep the seals happy. Definitely considering it. At present it doesn’t burn any oil really and feels tighter than my 4runner with 80k miles. This one was treated to the best in maintenance and it shows.

Back