01 Toyota MR2 Spyder 1.8 L 1ZZ-FE Mobil 1 high mileage 5w-30 full syn 1.2k mi OCI

thanks about my tC! ya all I can complain about is a valve cover gasket at this age and a little rust that I'm going to take care of with Eastwood's rust converter. Not bad for this long!

ya you'll have to keep us updated how the new oil is doing, now I've been away from the forum for a couple days.. did you already used the 5w40 on this oil fill? Or that's next time? And yes your car is like the tC, sharing parts with other high volume cars, love that! It's easier to get parts!

Also.. you want to cry more, try getting Honda parts, they have really raised their prices!! Toyota, not so much, the brake fluid I just got from the Toyota dealer was $1 more than last year! Not bad with inflation.
I filled the engine up with Castrol 5w-40 recently so come next winter we will see how the engine likes it when I get another uoa done. My daily driver is a 2009 Honda Fit. Im very happy I haven’t needed to buy any oem parts for it recently. Honda is definitely in trouble. Their quality control on a lot of models in the last 5 years has been horrendous and they have been paying through the nose for warranty enhancement, warranty repairs and recalls. I feel like they know they can’t raise the price of the car so instead they raise the price of their parts to pass the buck along. For a while they were actually building a better car then Toyota did (in my opinion) especially between 2007-2010 when Toyota was having big time quality control issues but Toyota definitely has them beat on anything made in the last few years. Just my $.002.

Back