Valvoline Advanced vs Extended Protection

I use these oils in my Ram, I do spring/fall oil changes and will never see more than 5k in that time frame. In fact it’s usually 3-4k. They both have healthy levels of moly and boron so I think they both work fine. But I’ve usually gone with the extended just for the slightly higher levels of the add pack just because it gives me the warm and fuzzy 😂 and I didn’t want to spring the cash for the super high quality boutique oils.

“Extended” means additional time or distance depending upon the use. When talking about oil it could be either or both. “Extra” or something similar would suggest additional or more, not extended.

Unlike some others Valvoline does not put a number on it though.

“Extended” means additional time or distance depending upon the use. When talking about oil it could be either or both. “Extra” or something similar would suggest additional or more, not extended.

Unlike some others Valvoline does not put a number on it though.
Valvoline never has, pushed extended oil change intervals.. even a long time ago when I used to manage their quick lube facilities..

@Furious you have a point about something, prior to the work being done, I was using Mobil 1 after the work was done they put in Napa 5W-20 full synthetic, they told me to change that out, in about 500 miles, and put my Mobil 1 back in it and that's what I did, and after about 2,000 miles I sent in the sample, so you have engine work being done, and then you also have a change in oil two things that could have brought iron levels up.. It's not that it was really high to begin with, but between those two scenarios it could have brought it up..
Thank you 👍👍

Advanced is fine for 5k oil changes. Use Extended when I take a family road trip in summer.

Valvoline never has, pushed extended oil change intervals.. even a long time ago when I used to manage their quick lube facilities..

We take our work vehicles there and even with a full syn change they put a 3k sticker on the windshield. All about profit.

The VIOC and Valvoline are not the same now though.

We take our work vehicles there and even with a full syn change they put a 3k sticker on the windshield. All about profit.

The VIOC and Valvoline are not the same now though.
It's all about the bottom line.. now more than ever I'm sure, one store I managed, we did full service repairs.

Back