Use for Odd weights of cheap clearance oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

So, for.all of us oil hoarders that buy $1-2 clearance oil what do you folks do with 20w50, 10w40 and SAE 30, 40 and other odd weights? The stockpile of GTX HM 20W50 I bought today and yesterday will go to friend with his fleet of late 70's Cadillacs he drives. The 10w40 GTX, I dont know yet. What do you folks do with it?

Instead of clearance oil, go buy a stun gun. Then when the real sudden urge to enter a clearance aisle for any reduced price oil that you do not personally need occurs, that's the best time to pull out the gun and stun yourself, sending you quickly back out the entrance door with that thicker wallet.

Wouldn't a 12 step program seem much more reasonable?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

So, for.all of us oil hoarders that buy $1-2 clearance oil what do you folks do with 20w50, 10w40 and SAE 30, 40 and other odd weights? The stockpile of GTX HM 20W50 I bought today and yesterday will go to friend with his fleet of late 70's Cadillacs he drives. The 10w40 GTX, I dont know yet. What do you folks do with it?

Instead of clearance oil, go buy a stun gun. Then when the real sudden urge to enter a clearance aisle for any reduced price oil that you do not personally need occurs, that's the best time to pull out the gun and stun yourself, sending you quickly back out the entrance door with that thicker wallet.

Wouldn't a 12 step program seem much more reasonable?

Johnny: I ignore half of what he says. Always something inflammatory which I dont need
smile.gif

I don't buy oil I won't use, but there is not much oil I won't use.
My current vehicles can use 0w-20, 5w-20, 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-30, SAE 30, 0w-40, 5w-40, 10w-40, and 15w-40.
Being in a warmer climate year round gives me more options to use the 10w oils year round.

SAE 40 and 20w-50 are the only oils I have no direct need for and would probably pass on them, unless it was free or I got paid to use it.
I could use the SAE 40 as a top off oil or to resell for profit.
My brother uses 20w-50 in his Harley, so depending on the oil, I could give it to him.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I don't buy oil I won't use, but there is not much oil I won't use.
My current vehicles can use 0w-20, 5w-20, 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-30, SAE 30, 5w-40, 5w-40, 10w-40, and 15w-40.
Being in a warmer climate year round gives me more options to use the 10w oils year round.

SAE 40 and 20w-50 are the only oils I have no direct need for and would probably pass on them, unless it was free or I got paid to use it.
I could use the SAE 40 as a top off oil or to resell for profit.
My brother uses 20w-50 in his Harley, so depending on the oil, I could give it to him.

Having a oil a holic Toyota I'm deciding I'll use the 20w50 oil first. Winter be dam
smile.gif

Having a oil a holic Toyota I'm deciding I'll use the 20w50 oil first. Winter be dam
smile.gif

Just use the 10w-40 in that.
Or use the 20w-50 as top off in it (don't think I would run 20w-50 in your climate).

Got lots of 0w20 and 5w30 M1 AP, VME, RGT … the only thicker was finally found today … PPE 0w40 …
Ironically my V8's get 20's and my 4 bangers get 30/40's …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Got lots of 0w20 and 5w30 M1 AP, VME, RGT … the only thicker was finally found today … PPE 0w40 …
Ironically my V8's get 20's and my 4 bangers get 30/40's …

I hear that

I just bought a bunch of 10w-40 Valvoline white jugs and CarQuest 10w-40 HM Synthetic all for about $3 per jug. I can and will use the Valvoline in the tractor, I usually use Valvoline Premium Blue 15w-40. I'll use the CarQuest 10w-40 in the XTerra, it's an approved grade in the owner's manual for towing and off road use. Both of which I do with it. I have used 20w-50 in the tractor, in the winter, also purchased below $3 per jug, and all of the Walmart stores around me are showing $9 per jug for Castrol GTX 10w-40 right now on Brickseek. If and when it goes to $4.50 per jug THEY'RE ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 69Torino
I just bought a bunch of 10w-40 Valvoline white jugs and CarQuest 10w-40 HM Synthetic all for about $3 per jug...

Did you get the VWB at Advance Auto (and was it a former CarQuest)? I knew about the Mobil clearance, but did not see any VWB or CQ oil when I was there.
10w-40 VWB would be great for my mom's Kia Soul. I have to do a 6 month OCI, which is only 2000 miles. Seems a waste to use synthetic for that short of an interval.
I have no issue using a 10w-40 conventional in it for 2000 miles.

I use as a frankenblend in the newer vehicles or top off if I feel so inclined. I have a 78 C10 though, that loves all the old thick stuff in the summer. I have a couple of jugs of STP HM 10w40 I got last year that'll run through the ole 355 for the next two summers.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by 69Torino
I just bought a bunch of 10w-40 Valvoline white jugs and CarQuest 10w-40 HM Synthetic all for about $3 per jug...

Did you get the VWB at Advance Auto (and was it a former CarQuest)? I knew about the Mobil clearance, but did not see any VWB or CQ oil when I was there.
10w-40 VWB would be great for my mom's Kia Soul. I have to do a 6 month OCI, which is only 2000 miles. Seems a waste to use synthetic for that short of an interval.
I have no issue using a 10w-40 conventional in it for 2000 miles.

Yes I did get them from Advance, and no they were not former Carquest stores. They were originally built as Advance Auto stores. I'm pretty sure the Valvoline was $3.05 each and found a total of 6 jugs between two stores.

The 10w40 GTX, I dont know yet. What do you folks do with it?

Hi Mate,
I just use it. Running Valvoline DuraBlend 10W40 right now. Before that it was GTX 15W40 UltraClean in my sump.

No TDIG engine here, so if I can start with it OK, then I can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back