Use for Odd weights of cheap clearance oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

So, for.all of us oil hoarders that buy $1-2 clearance oil what do you folks do with 20w50, 10w40 and SAE 30, 40 and other odd weights? The stockpile of GTX HM 20W50 I bought today and yesterday will go to friend with his fleet of late 70's Cadillacs he drives. The 10w40 GTX, I dont know yet. What do you folks do with it?

Originally Posted by BigCahuna
I use some 20/50 in my wife's Equinox to help slow down the oil consumption. After doing this for a year ,I can say it works for me.,,,

Good to hear sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

So, for.all of us oil hoarders that buy $1-2 clearance oil what do you folks do with 20w50, 10w40 and SAE 30, 40 and other odd weights? The stockpile of GTX HM 20W50 I bought today and yesterday will go to friend with his fleet of late 70's Cadillacs he drives. The 10w40 GTX, I dont know yet. What do you folks do with it?

Instead of clearance oil, go buy a stun gun. Then when the real sudden urge to enter a clearance aisle for any reduced price oil that you do not personally need occurs, that's the best time to pull out the gun and stun yourself, sending you quickly back out the entrance door with that thicker wallet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Instead of clearance oil, go buy a stun gun. Then when the real sudden urge to enter a clearance aisle for any reduced price oil that you do not personally need occurs, that's the best time to pull out the gun and stun yourself, sending you quickly back out the entrance door.

That's funny

Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Instead of clearance oil, go buy a stun gun. Then when the real sudden urge to enter a clearance aisle for any reduced price oil that you do not personally need occurs, that's the best time to pull out the gun and stun yourself, sending you quickly back out the entrance door with that thicker wallet.

But he will recover....

The temptation is tremendous...

I gotta go to 2 different TSC to get me 6 RGT's. 5 miles north and 25 miles south.

Last edited:
The last time I bought any GTX 10W40, the Elder George Bush was President and 12 free samples of Varnish came inside that case of oil.

Oh boy, here we go again. This is the 2000's not early 1980's sir
lol.gif

Good afternoon BITOGERS
smile.gif

Instead of clearance oil, go buy a stun gun. Then when the real sudden urge to enter a clearance aisle for any reduced price oil that you do not personally need occurs, that's the best time to pull out the gun and stun yourself, sending you quickly back out the entrance door.

That's funny

Yeah, I just stop myself from buying oil that I don't need. I still have some left over oil from a previous car, but I'm just going to give that to a friend who can use it in his car.

According to my riding mower's manual 10W-40 is the only approved lubricant above 90 degrees so I have no problem using it for that.

Originally Posted by dcd
According to my riding mower's manual 10W-40 is the only approved lubricant above 90 degrees so I have no problem using it for that.

Good info sir
smile.gif

I don't buy clearance oil I can't use in some member of my fleet or that my friends can't use (and have requested). My truck uses 5 or 10W30, my old 80s Jaguar runs 15W40 or more commonly 20W50 (and thanks to Valvoline ML it doesn't actually appreciably leak oil! And no, it's not empty!) and the bikes only get JASO MA/MB oils in the appropriate weights. Pretty much skip everything else and leave it for other people; don't see the point in picking up something I am unlikely to be able to use.

Good question. I have 8qts of PP 5-20 and nothing to use it in. I also have 40qts of pp 10-30 so figure I'll use the 5-20 mixed with 10-30 to come up with 5-30.

Originally Posted by D1dad
Good question. I have 8qts of PP 5-20 and nothing to use it in. I also have 40qts of pp 10-30 so figure I'll use the 5-20 mixed with 10-30 to come up with 5-30.

I'd consider trading oil with you. PM me if interested as I'm near Ohio line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back