Urine Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some here might think this is a TMI post. I'm posting this because in my 40+ years of drug testing, this has NEVER happened to me!
Yesterday (Tuesday 7/20/2021) I had a pain management appt. I have to take a urine test each time I go. I woke up at 4 AM and went about my usual business, used the bathroom, shower, shave, and get dressed. In the back of my mind I was contemplating whether, or not, to use the bathroom before I leave the house. So, I did. BIG MISTAKE! When I was called to the back I was given the test canister to do my thing. NOTHING! I was in the bathroom for almost 10 minutes giving it the ole college try. NOTHING! So, I was informed to go sit in the lobby and start drinking water. The nurse gave me a Dixie cup that was about 3 oz. I sat next to the water fountain for 35-45 minutes drinking 13+ cups of water until I was almost sick.
FINALLY! I told the nurse I was MORE than ready! Well, if you drink that much water get ready for the flood gates to open!
BTW, I passed.
Anyone care to share a similar similar experience? 😲

We get sent for random pee tests where I work. Seems like I get picked to go just after I used the restroom. Lol. Water pound time.

My morning routine is always started with drinking a liter of water before I leave the house. I get up in plenty of time to accomplish this task. My body reacts to the liquid intake within the hour and my body is well hydrated to start the day. I am guaranteed to need to use the restroom several times within a few hours.

You might try drinking something with caffeine when you're being pressed to urinate. The caffeine is a mild diuretic and will assist with the urination.

My morning routine is always started with drinking a liter of water before I leave the house. I get up in plenty of time to accomplish this task. My body reacts to the liquid intake within the hour and my body is well hydrated to start the day. I am guaranteed to need to use the restroom several times within a few hours.

You might try drinking something with caffeine when you're being pressed to urinate. The caffeine is a mild diuretic and will assist with the urination.
How about coffee? I don't drink it too often. I try to drink about a gallon of water daily. Every now and then l drink a Diet Coke or Diet DP. If l drink water with my meals l add a slice of lemon.

I was told that the general dry condition at altitude in an airliner (why beverages are given out so freely) had to be factored in to when an order for a urine test is given. Turns out flight crews learn to drink just enough water so they're not required to use the restroom as often.
A urine test at the end of a flight seemed always to require "priming the pump".

This reminds me that I need to see my urologist and get a urinalysis done. I was due in June.

When I worked with radioactive materials we had to all give urine samples periodically. Was always strange to see the bottles of urine of various colors with each person's name on them sitting on a cart.

I had the opposite happen, was getting ready to leave the house and was going to make a pit-stop before I left. Phone rings, it's the HR department for a place I'd interviewed for asking me to show up at the lab that day for a pre-employment screen so, seeing as how I was ready, out the door I went.

The flood-gates opening is an understatement. I was in there for so long that the tech though I was having problems.

Had to do 24 hour urine collection a few times for some medical issues. Knowing I drink a lot and pee a lot, made sure to get 2 of the 3 liter jugs beforehand. Nothing like carrying in 5.5 L (1.45 gallons) of pee to the doctor’s office.

Only for the random UA's in the military. "Hey, lets have formation at 8am, and then at 9am, we'll have the UAs start, nevermind most people have been up since 7am or earlier and gone to the bathroom at least once already...."

Performance anxiety... happens to me all the time with random drug tests.

If I knew the day before a urine test was going to happen to me... I would:
Eat asparagus the night before
Drink Beet juice in the morning
Load up on a Vitamin B complex...

just to f with them

Only for the random UA's in the military. "Hey, lets have formation at 8am, and then at 9am, we'll have the UAs start, nevermind most people have been up since 7am or earlier and gone to the bathroom at least once already...."
Oh yeah. I remember those UA tests. There's nothing better than doing 2 hours of PT, then go give your contribution. ;)

Performance anxiety... happens to me all the time with random drug tests.

If I knew the day before a urine test was going to happen to me... I would:
Eat asparagus the night before
Drink Beet juice in the morning
Load up on a Vitamin B complex...

just to f with them
OMG! I bet they thought you were an Alien (from another planet type)! :ROFLMAO:

Had to do 24 hour urine collection a few times for some medical issues. Knowing I drink a lot and pee a lot, made sure to get 2 of the 3 liter jugs beforehand. Nothing like carrying in 5.5 L (1.45 gallons) of pee to the doctor’s office.
I was involved with ensuring all of the patients in our clinical study got their urine collection jug. No one asked for more than one.

I was involved with ensuring all of the patients in our clinical study got their urine collection jug. No one asked for more than one.

If I really have to go I can pee 32 oz at once so I knew that single jug wasn’t going to do it! I think my high urine output/excessive thirst was partly related to the tumor on my adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma) but even after it was removed I still did 4.5 liters on the follow up test.

Being self employed, the only urine test i have to pass is making it in the bowl.

If I really have to go I can pee 32 oz at once so I knew that single jug wasn’t going to do it! I think my high urine output/excessive thirst was partly related to the tumor on my adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma) but even after it was removed I still did 4.5 liters on the follow up test.
Hope you're ok, now.

I just got a UA on the 1st. I go into the Lab first thing early morning and no coffee or morning pee yet and all ready to give the sample. In before me some old guy (really old) is in the single bathroom they have. I am floating and 15 minutes later the guy is still in there. :mad: Next thing he opens the door and say he dropped his sample sample cup and can't go.:rolleyes:
So thank fully they tell him sit down and drink more water and he can try again in a little while. They hand my the normal sample cup but this time new directions. They only want you to fill 1/4 which is about 30ml :confused: Ok so now I could fill a tanker truck with fluid and they want me to shut the flow off at 30ml. Hmm.... ok then, they can clean the missed target when I am done firing! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back