Urban Possum Hunter

I kind of feel bad for them (USA) when I see them run over in the road. I dont see them as a problem around here, maybe because the area isnt developed like other areas in the country and we have actual forests and woodlands?

So is it overpopulation or is a a case of people just liking to kill animals they consider to be a nuisance because they live on the same planet as us?

I used to have a possum overpopulation here when I was much younger (8-15). Every night if you looked for one you'd find several in a large area. Now I live in the same house while growing up, I haven't seen one in over 15 years. No roadkill either.. Wonder what happened to them?

Snakes too, used to be all over the place, now nothing?

I kind of feel bad for them (USA) when I see them run over in the road. I dont see them as a problem around here, maybe because the area isnt developed like other areas in the country and we have actual forests and woodlands?

So is it overpopulation or is a a case of people just liking to kill animals they consider to be a nuisance because they live on the same planet as us?
Their “possums” are an invasive species, whereas the North American possum is more beneficial for us as they eat ticks. They also like the cat food my wife leaves outside for the cat lol

AF1B189F-5261-4C61-AF50-0351F31C0D98.jpeg

There's a large opossum that hangs out in my yard. I like it, and hope it eats a lot of bugs, especially ticks. They aren't overpopulated/invasive here though.

I would never deliberately seek to kill a possum in the United States, they eat a massive amount of nuisance insects and other critters that I don't like having around. My area of Wisconsin has a huge problem with ticks in the warmer months and I would prefer to attract the benevolent possum and make sure it's nice and comfy in setting up a habitation in my vicinity.

Back