UPS No More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I ordered some AMSOIL ATF, antifreeze & filters. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Friday, 9/14). However, I will be out of town for the weekend so won't be there to receive them (i.e. refuse them if damaged again). I call the toll free UPS # to tell them that I will be picking these up at the local center. I have done this many times at a former job - no problem. Their website also says that you can schedule to pick your packages up at the local center. I called their 800 # to be told that this is impossible. I told the lady, err woman, that it's not b/c I've done this many times in the past & the website says its part of the hassle free delivery. Anything I said after that was interrupted after 2 words. She needed to get her manager to tell me this as well. It only went downhill from there. I told her that English is my native language, and I don't have a hearing problem so the words that came out of your mouth were understood but not accepted. I do however need actual results. She says that she doesn't have the local center's phone # so she can't give it to me. She said that she can't transfer me to them either. I was told there was absolutely no way to input a request until the package has been attempted to be delivered at least once. I said I can prove that to not be true. Example: It doesn't but what if the package has dangerous chemicals or a bomb? She freaked out. So, I hung up & called back. This next lady, yes an actual lady this time understood exactly what I was trying to say w/o going postal. She said that she is simply not given the tools to be able to help me. She doesn't have a clue how to get me the help either b/c her manager can't do it either. The local place has no problem with this as I've spoken many times to them about this & other problems. I'll just look up the local center's # tonight when I get home, & have them hold it for me. I knew when I got their # from our local driver a few years ago at work it would come in handy one day.

Why do I not have this problem with FedEx? Our cell phone was shipped via FedEx. We were going overseas then & needed the phone ASAP. The corporate lady offered to transfer me to the local center and gave me their phone # just in case. I called the local place & they said sure no problem. Whew! That was tough.
smirk.gif

I realize that every company has problems, but when you put policies in place that are there for the sole purpose of preventing you from helping your customer, it means that you have enough business & are trying to thin out your customer base. Consider it done.

Bottom line: no more UPS shipments for me inbound or outbound. Unfortunately Pablo, that means no more AMSOIL unless they actually do select a new shipping supplier as you mentioned in another thread (was it FedEx) or at least a shipping option.

You guys have the worst UPS service in the country down there. Just leave a biggass sign on your porch telling UPS to NOT leave the shipment:

1) If damaged.
2) If you aren't home.
and to attempt delivery on Tues or whenever.

Oh, I've had problems with FedEx as well. At work we shipped a 1k# pump overnight from up north for next day delivery but it was left at the Memphis terminal. I was able to call the local place(s) and figure all this out very quickly & drive to pick it up. This is not possible with corporate UPS. But I can at least readily call the local hub with more of a chance to fix the problem. A corporate (or outsourced) droid isn't very useful.

Every time FedEx delivers something to my house that requires a signature, I have to drive over an hour to pick it up. There is a hub in the town I work in that is only 5 min from where I work...but they don't have "customer service" at this facility and can't leave a package for me to pick up there...kinda pees me off.

Quote:

Every time FedEx delivers something to my house that requires a signature, I have to drive over an hour to pick it up. There is a hub in the town I work in that is only 5 min from where I work...but they don't have "customer service" at this facility and can't leave a package for me to pick up there...kinda pees me off.

FedEx has a form you can sign giving them permission to leave packages without your signature. They put it on file and you don't have to worry about it. I never have to sign for a FedEx package since doing that four years ago.

My UPS driver lives down the street from me. If I get something by UPS that requires a signature and I'm not home, he signs my name and puts it on my deck. If he know I'm going to be out of town for a few days, he puts it in his garage. Great service.

The local Fed-EX guy has become a friend. I taught him how to change his oil in his personal vehicle and I get really great service. I have things going back and forth all the time and I gave him a garage door opener. He puts the stuff on my work bench and picks up things ready to go when I'm gone. He opens the packages to see if anything is damaged and logs them in on the clipboard. I have him doing an Auto-Rx cycle on his car and he is becoming very good at doing some of his own maintenance. I think I'm getting good service from Fed-Ex.

what happened to their delivery intercept thing they advertise on commercials? what can brown do for you?
grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

FedEx has a form you can sign giving them permission to leave packages without your signature. They put it on file and you don't have to worry about it. I never have to sign for a FedEx package since doing that four years ago.

My UPS driver lives down the street from me. If I get something by UPS that requires a signature and I'm not home, he signs my name and puts it on my deck. If he know I'm going to be out of town for a few days, he puts it in his garage. Great service.

Not when it is several cases of wine that I have to show ID for.

At work we joke that UPS stands for "Use Purolator, Stupid!".

BTW, here in Canada, Purolator is a courier company, not an oil fiter company.

I've had bad service with both UPS and Fedex. So I guess it really depends on the area and which gorillas handle your package. I saw a Fedex driver actually fling a pkg onto a neighbor's front porch from the driveway. I had oil filters damaged by UPS. But other times things arrive ok and on time. Kind of a crapshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back