UPS No More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I picked up my 4 packages at the local hub Friday morning at 10:30. As would be expected, local place is fine, it's the corporate call center droids that aren't worth their salt. And get this, none of the packages were damaged this time. The 1st time an oil package wasn't damaged. Me thinks it is the driver. The Orlando warehouse intercepted the packages & told UPS to hold at the hub for customer pickup. Good job AMSOIL. However, I also had 2 packages from RLI. They wanted $10.50 per package to call UPS to hold at the hub! I can't imagine UPS charging this, but can someone verify/rebute this? The shipping from RLI was $35 for 2 cases in 2 separate packages. The shipping from AMSOIL was $13 for 1 case + 1 gal + oil 6 filters.

Quote:

Well, I picked up my 4 packages at the local hub Friday morning at 10:30. As would be expected, local place is fine, it's the corporate call center droids that aren't worth their salt. And get this, none of the packages were damaged this time. The 1st time an oil package wasn't damaged. Me thinks it is the driver. The Orlando warehouse intercepted the packages & told UPS to hold at the hub for customer pickup. Good job AMSOIL. However, I also had 2 packages from RLI. They wanted $10.50 per package to call UPS to hold at the hub! I can't imagine UPS charging this, but can someone verify/rebute this? The shipping from RLI was $35 for 2 cases in 2 separate packages. The shipping from AMSOIL was $13 for 1 case + 1 gal + oil 6 filters.

I've never had a charge for holding/pu at the hub. Seems odd, but could be a new thing. As for the damaged shipments, perhaps it was the driver, because honestly what you went through - I've never had a customer in 10 years have such......well "abuse" comes to mind.

I used to transfer my nuke med deliveries to some places to Purolator Courier in Harrisburg. AFAIK, they were the only deal in town for common carrier overnight package delivery. I was a contract carrier doing nuke meds. I transferred many packages to them and also picked up business when the producers had failures that couldn't make Purolator's deadlines for transport.

I never bothered to find out why they just seemed to evaporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back