Updated M1 FS 0w-40 - More PAO

At a Walmart today in Chicago, IL

20220115_142159.jpg

Anyone use Mobil 1 fs 0w40 in an American car specifically GM or Chevy SUV? I use it after the warranty expired as the dealer always put their AC Delco 0w20 watery oil despite living in a yearlong high temperature location. I could tell the difference and my brother who sometimes drives it said the same. But some people told me that’s it’s for high performance European cars and it’s just waste of money. It’s expensive about $13 a quart and liqui moly same grade is a bit more expensive.

Anyone use Mobil 1 fs 0w40 in an American car specifically GM or Chevy SUV? I use it after the warranty expired as the dealer always put their AC Delco 0w20 watery oil despite living in a yearlong high temperature location. I could tell the difference and my brother who sometimes drives it said the same. But some people told me that’s it’s for high performance European cars and it’s just waste of money. It’s expensive about $13 a quart and liqui moly same grade is a bit more expensive.
I've used it in a GM 2.4L ecotec. I'd run it in my 4.2L straight 6 in my Chevy trailblazer, but I currently have Rotella T6 0W40 in it.

I dont have experience with gm engines and this oil but i use m1 fs 0w40 in my ram 5.7 hemi that specs 5w20 with zero issues. Also where are you that its costing you 13 dollars a quart for this stuff? I get it by the 12 quart box for 53 bucks at walmart. Comes out to around 4.41 a quart

It is this thread that made me switch back to M1 0w-40 for my last fill, when the Hi Milage 10w-30 oils from Valvoline and M1 lost their ACEA A3 rating in exchange for GF6

Reactions: 4WD
I use it in my Chevy-Holden 2016 SS LS3 V8. Spec oil is 5W-30 Dexos 1 but the 0W-40 M1 seems great in 4 season Rocky Mountain weather.

I have this oil with dates in January 2022 with the same RN. I also have it from 2 different plants with the same RN.

In the past i have found the RN number and the product number to match often but not always - now i'm having difficulty even finding the product numbers.

Back