Updated M1 FS 0w-40 - More PAO

I translated mobil.ru to english and the m1 fs 0w40 lable over there says advanced full synthetic like the quart bottle in that video and says fs above the 0w40. Same specs as us version with recent msds showing more pao and slightly less gtl with a little bit of group 3
Yes, the oil is a global formulation, so it should be the same everywhere. The bottle labels change. The video however is from 2017, so clearly well before this most recent version, the question was whether it was the VISOM version or the GTL one, because of the transition that happened around the beginning of 2016. Unless it's old stock, it's most likely the GTL version.

Overkill, how does this Mobil 1 FS oil compare to the Mobil 1 ESP oil's?
This is a "full SAPS" formulation, so higher levels of ZDDP and traditional additives. ESP uses more organics because of the reduction in traditional metallic additives, this is designed to be more DPF/GPF friendly for more recent emissions systems.

I am guessing he's talking about the J32A3 or J35A8 if a Type S. That oil would not harm the emissions system on the TL, unless it's burning a lot.

I am guessing he's talking about the J32A3 or J35A8 if a Type S. That oil would not harm the emissions system on the TL, unless it's burning a lot.
With this engine, you would stick to the Full saps or the A40 or ACEA A3 specification. The C40 release was only necessary through the use of a gasoline particulate filter.

Overkill, how does this Mobil 1 FS oil compare to the Mobil 1 ESP oil's?
I find it odd that GM's flagships with the Alpha platform and Corvette with their DI V8s LT1, LT2 call for Mobil 1 0w40 ESP, now transitioning to Dexos R. It is interesting to see the Dexos validation evolve.

The Mobil 1 site might be broken or they are looking at making Mobil 1 ESP x3 0w40 a flagship of sorts. It certainly has the HTHS (3.8). https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants...s/our-products/products/mobil-1-esp-x3-0w-40/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 12.28.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 12.28.06 AM.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 21
This is a "full SAPS" formulation, so higher levels of ZDDP and traditional additives. ESP uses more organics because of the reduction in traditional metallic additives, this is designed to be more DPF/GPF friendly for more recent emissions systems.
The NOACK question overkill. With less lspi protection, does that mean it vaporizes more. Any opinions on NOACK and lspi? GM/DEXOS seems to want lower NOACKs.

I've never seen this product. I don't think they carry it at walmart. Is this stuff $$$ and do i get it at some other parts store?

I've never seen this product. I don't think they carry it at walmart. Is this stuff $$$ and do i get it at some other parts store?
Yes you can get it at the parts stores, it's now included in the oil change bundle deals at Autozone, which makes it comperable to the price of buying FS Euro oil and a premium filter at Walmart.

The NOACK question overkill. With less lspi protection, does that mean it vaporizes more. Any opinions on NOACK and lspi? GM/DEXOS seems to want lower NOACKs.

What does the Noack value have to do with LSPI?

Traditional M1 FS 0W-40, the last time we had Noack for it was 8.8%. It's limited to below 10% because of the approvals. I know Dexos is more stringent than the API, which has a 15% limit, I believe it was a 13% limit with Dexos, but recently was dropped to 12.5% with Gen 3.

Back