Update to 'Thinking about an Audi A3'

I'll do better pics tomorrow. Only had the car for about four hours now. Loving it so far 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_161157087_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210330_161157087_HDR.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 56
audis are basically glorified VW's, surely not a bad thing if you got the $$$$. i moved up from a bought new 2001 VW jetta 1.8T to a preowned 2001 audi TT 225Q roadster both almost the same price just under 20 thou BUT the TT listed for mid 40 thou !!! when new, my first drop top + i love it + some VW parts fit at less $$$, both manual trannys + no DI!! hope you enjoy your new ride!!

The S3 is an awesome sleeper vehicle. 0-60 in 4.6 sec and a top speed of 140. With the right tuning, you should be able to get RS3 performance out of it. You should still have some warranty left, so, if it were me, I'd wait until the warranty ran out before doing any tuning on it.

I'm pretty sure Audi's beat that with a combination direct/port injection system. Most of the fuel comes from the direct injection, but a small amount comes through the intake pore, washing the intake valve.

Audis now have dual port and direct injection? This is news to me.

I'm pretty sure Audi's beat that with a combination direct/port injection system. Most of the fuel comes from the direct injection, but a small amount comes through the intake pore, washing the intake valve.
Im the OP. I've had the S3 for four and a half months now and love it. Pretty sure it does not have any port injection.

Shouln't it be a matter of time when dual injection is coming to America? Anyway, the difference is easily visible. Just look at the intake manifold.
While very most ROW/Euro spec EA888 3G used to come with dual injection mine does not, since it's a 2018 7.5 Performance (engine code DLBA, 245 HP). Both the CHHA and CHHB (2012 - 2018) are dual injection. My tail pipes are still stunningly clean, even though it doesn't have a PF or dual injection or both. It wasn't the case on my previous GTI, even though it came with dual injection. You see, sometimes things aren't that easy. That said, my Mini Cooper's tail pipe is black even though it's got port injection only. I'm sure on a T-GDI there's some correlation between tail pipes and likeliness of IVD issues, given that the car has no particulate filter.

Back