Thinking about an Audi A3

I've owned an A3, have an A4, a Passat, Jettas and Golfs. I'd bite the bullet and get a Golf R simply for the value holding aspect.
For a better deal get a couple year old A4. The longitudinal 2.0 and DSG is the best engine/transmission combo I've ever driven and the back seat is way better than the A3

Get an A3 over a GLI. I have the 19 GLI and love it however the FWD is not great with any dampness on the road with even the stage 1 tune it’s really bad with traction the quattro would be a huge amount better.

I like the A3 S-line silver with the red interior. The red exterior is good too but not everyone likes it.

if I had a do over I would definitely get an A3 S-line. GTi was out of the pic as I don’t like the hatch look of it

they have A3 convertibles too just FYI if you are at that stage of life beautiful looking cars

lots of options for sure + be aware the VAG cars with the engine wrongly installed aka sideways have different but getting better AWD"s then the engines correctly installed front to back!! although AWD is not actually needed for many its nice in the rain + great for snow! as noted FWD with more power stinks + although better now torque steer was bad in my 2001 1.8T wolfsburg stock + worse chipped, BUT a Quaife differential fixed everything!! i am enjoying my first drop top a 2001 TT 225Q + a chip with bigger exhaust gives me 300HP + TQ without direct injection issues, good enough for this older guy!!

My friend had an A3. The suspension felt like it was made with granite... it was unpleasant, IMO. Maybe he had his tires inflated too much... I dunno.

I'm the OP here. This thread is revived from about a month ago. I probably should have updated this before now. I bought a '19 Audi S3 at the end if March. I did start a thread titled Pics of my S3 and thanks. So I am no longer searching. Thanks again for all of the input.

Back