Purchased a new car (VW)

Back in November, I was rear-ended in my 2007 Mazda3 which resulted it to be declared a total loss by my insurance company. I was now in a position where I needed a new car in this modern (overpriced) car market. I had made a post a while back about a VW GTI and was planning on replacing my aging but dependable Mazda3, eventually.
Not having time to do any more research I went to a couple dealerships the very next day after the accident, first, a Mazda dealership, where they were charging $3K+ over sticker on every new car. I left that dealer quickly to never return. And, the VW dealership that I had visited before where I test drove a GTI.
I explained my situation to the salesman that introduced himself to me and what I was looking for, they had a new GTI on the lot, but it was a 6 speed manual and I am over it driving a manual for a daily (my Rx7 is a 5 speed). I wanted a DSG as I test drove a MK8 GTI equipped with one before. He then presented me a Jetta GLI, I had never heard of this sedan. Turns out, it is essentially a GTI, but in a sedan package. I test drove it and was impressed, and it was the color I wanted; plain white. I bought the GLI that day.
The dealership, Prestige Volkswagen, was very easy to work with and was overall an excellent experience. And, they are not charging additional "market adjustment" money on their cars like so many dealerships seem to be doing.
Here are photos of it the day after I brought it home:
IMG_0234.JPEG

IMG_0235.JPEG

IMG_0237.1.JPEG

IMG_0238.JPEG

I currently have 1.5K miles on the car and enjoy driving this car immensely, it is refined yet sporty. I have had no issues and plan to keep this car for a long time.
This GLI engine, EA888 gen 3, requires the VW oil spec 508.00 which I have been doing a lot of research on and it seems to be a though spec to meet and thus the approved oils seem to be of high quality.
I purchased Valvoline European 0w-20 from Amazon (it's on sale at the moment) which is APPROVED for the 508.00 and will perform the first oil change at 6 months or 3K miles, whichever comes first. And then 5K miles or 1 year after.

nice car! the counterpart to a GTI. i am a shifty guy + when i bought my 2001 Wolfsburg jetta the counterpart to todays GLI, only manuals at first then conventional automatics, just short of 200 thou when i traded for a 2001 Audi TT225Q, staying with the VAG family. VW like others is quick to void warranty so a good move using a spec oil, keep receipts + records of your DIY upkeep. sporty VW's are well supported by the aftermarket BUT some mods will again void warranty. enjoy your new ride + good luck!!

I believe DSG fluid change interval is 40K miles, unless VW has edited that.

Sharp car indeed, and I've had many a Veedub. I'd have preferred a German built one, as the new MK8 GTIs are, but when a good deal AND time crunch is involved I can understand buying what's on the lot.

It should provide you many smiled-filled miles. Oh, and I'd tune that sucker in a heartbeat.

Great looking car, and VWs drive very well too. Generally solid, quiet and well built.

My 2018 DSG was 40k service intervals, but I believe Audiman posted a day or two ago at least some of the DSG intervals had been extended.

DSG is awesome, I've never been as flipped over a transmission as when I had my DSG.

They were caught cheating so my assumption is in order to maintain customer base they are not over inflating the prices?

Nice car to say the least regardless. That red accent is superior. Motor on... (y)

Back