Unorthodox oil choices

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 mixed 50% with Mobil 1 5w30. Was just using up the Turbo Diesel.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Since I've used LE (Lubrication Engineers Inc) the last 15-20 years, there hasn't been any need to use anything else, either on daily beater or on the track. Every time I try something else, it is soon to be changed over to LE again. The prices in EU is high compared to US, you guys over there really should try it out with those prices you are getting.

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
I've had great success with a 50:50 mixture of Dawn and Head Shoulders.

Well your hair must be awful greasy then...

lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero

lol.gif

But my UOA shows less than 30ppm of dandruff in my engine since I switched over- could have been that Listerine flush really helped

I've contemplated on trying Redline 5w20 in one of the GDI engines I have due to it's ultra low Noack (5.5%). I'm also curious how an oil with a SA of 1.20 would do in such a motor in relation to intake valve deposits.

Originally Posted by ABN_CBT_ENGR
Originally Posted by bbhero

lol.gif

But my UOA shows less than 30ppm of dandruff in my engine since I switched over- could have been that Listerine flush really helped

Remember... That Listerine could be a bit too stout... Dilute with 1/2 water to keep from being too strong as full strength could eat away at the gaskets
lol.gif

Originally Posted by buster
I've contemplated on trying Redline 5w20 in one of the GDI engines I have due to it's ultra low Noack (5.5%). I'm also curious how an oil with a SA of 1.20 would do in such a motor in relation to intake valve deposits.

I'm in the same boat.

Back