Universal Double Joints

1683154934696.png

1683154959786.png

I can see these being quite useful for spark plugs (3/8") and for hard-to-reach specialty fasteners (e.g. torx, triple-square) where swivel sockets do not exist. The prices seem reasonable as well. Does anyone have experience with these? @Sam_Julier ?

Number 1 plug on my VQ40's your supposed to take the upper intake manifold off to reach, but you can do it without removing it by stacking a wobble / short extension / a universal joint. This could replace that I suppose, except I already have all the previously mentioned.

Cool find.

I have them in both sizes. I used them a couple of times so far and they are useful. It made getting the #1 spark plug out of my E-150 a little easier than the swivel socket I usually use. It's one of those tools that will see limited use, but be a big help when needed. I wish I had them when I owned my 93 Aerostar, tune ups would have been easier.

View attachment 154019
View attachment 154020

I can see these being quite useful for spark plugs (3/8") and for hard-to-reach specialty fasteners (e.g. torx, triple-square) where swivel sockets do not exist. The prices seem reasonable as well. Does anyone have experience with these? @Sam_Julier ?
I got the last 1/4 and back-ordered a 3/8. Thank you for letting me know about these

Now I'm broke, that place has all kinds of things I'll probably not use a lot but I bought more ya just never know. Thanks
If you're like me you'll spend hundreds (or more) and then at 9p on a Sunday night in 6 years actually need one of the $20 widgets you ordered, subsequently proclaiming yourself a genius ;)

I imagine it's a lot like gambling: it just takes that one very occasional win to keep hope alive!

If you're like me you'll spend hundreds (or more) and then at 9p on a Sunday night in 6 years actually need one of the $20 widgets you ordered, subsequently proclaiming yourself a genius ;)

I imagine it's a lot like gambling: it just takes that one very occasional win to keep hope alive!
Is it the right tool for the job or is it a tool looking for a job? So many jobs and so many tools.

Are you just going to wait out the backorder on the 3/8 or did you order elsewhere?
Mine just arrived today.

Unfortunately, I can relate.

I was thinking about these....they might be useful for starter R&R on the 6.2 SuperDuties '11-16. As it was I had to use 2 swivels and a conglomeration of extensions to go behind the coil tower.....and then I was glad to have a second person guide the socket onto that bolt as I fed the tools in from the front fender well.

Back