Two Students Expelled For Kissing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw your previous post, Oilgal. Something to the effect of "getting lucky," ;-)

I'm sure glad they didn't have cameras on the buses when I was riding them. Wow, bringing back some old memories...

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Oilgal
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Originally Posted By: ccs v2.0
Two girls?

They would have been honored at a school assembly.

I doubt that very much. Apparently you guys either all have me on 'ignore', or you missed my post before this one.

By the way I don't think I deserve that.

You previously said "no comment." Then you posted something vague that could be interpreted in more than one way. If you can clarify that which you were indicating in your previous post, then I'll gladly comment. Otherwise I won't say anything, because I'm bound to plant my foot squarely in my mouth.

Oh, OK, that makes sense. My bad. I was trying to be humorous.

If it helps, I hate so called feminism. It is just a modified form of sexism, designed to keep men and women divided, giving the state increasingly more power as it slowly weakens both sexes alike.

OK then. Marylou kissed me, on the bus to school one morning during the sixth grade, and I kissed back.

I keep forgetting that you poor guys, have also lived under State sanctioned feminist oppression, just as we have.

Glad I am not on everybody's ignore list.
grin2.gif

I think I see a pattern. Looks to me like the state is just making certain, that everybody knows it has 'the' power, and most especially impressionable school children. Since there are lawyers on both side of this issue, those both free and at cost, I really think we miss the obvious when we blame lawyers.

Sorry. You make a good point Groucho. I guess I was reacting to those here who have blamed lawyers.

I think school boards are carefully selected, so called public vote or not, by those who want schools to teach that fundamental lesson I spoke of.

Hey,I can blame lawyers for plenty,just not for this.

I don't know much about school boards other than they are political in nature. As such, the people who desire to "serve" on them feel a compulsion to exert power and control over others. It's just not my cup of tea.

Whether it's the lawyers or the school board, the general litigious nature of the US drives these zero tolerance standards.

If adults were held to these zero tolerance standards, most of us would be in jail.

I think it is hypocritical to impose these standards on students when adults do not hold themselves to this level of discipline. When my kids were in school, they received grade "demerits" even for excused absences such as a funeral. Give me a break. In real life, adults get personal leave without punishment.

Of course we don't want guns in the schools. But, holding these rules over young people's heads doesn't allow them to develop responsibility and a value of right/wrong. We see what happens in college when they are freed of the rules.

Zero tolerance standards are just another symptom of our crumbling society.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I'm surprised that many of you guys consider 2 minutes a long kiss...

I'd bet it was made crystal clear in this school district...

Yea, a 20 minute make out session at my girls house while her parents are away, that's a different story!

You can [censored] and moan that ANY rule is draconian; it's how you navigate the rules to live long, prosperous, and pure.

I'm guessing these two will last about 6 months in the 21st century corporate world...

Last edited:
Hey,I can blame lawyers for plenty,just not for this.

I don't know much about school boards other than they are political in nature. As such, the people who desire to "serve" on them feel a compulsion to exert power and control over others. It's just not my cup of tea.

While I agree power attracts those who crave it, there is I believe also ample evidence that organizations and member societies, also tend to get their people in positions of power in order to "effect change" on even a global level, and I bet they also operate on the small local scale also.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Being expelled is probably a good thing, in the long run.

You know I have to agree. They are already well on their way to getting a real education, and better that than blissful ignorance as those of privilege status.

What school boards do, mainly, is spend OPM. Other People's Money. They'll spend it on this too. Are you sure you can't blame the lawyers?? Aren't they gonna harvest yield out of the contrived conflict; one of them on the captive wallet of the public dole??

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
What school boards do, mainly, is spend OPM. Other People's Money. They'll spend it on this too. Are you sure you can't blame the lawyers?? Aren't they gonna harvest yield out of the contrived conflict; one of them on the captive wallet of the public dole??

I think the lawyers, at least in this case, are just agents employed by those who are to blame.

It is true, that lawyers both could and should refuse, to even so much as write paper for bad causes and or people, and those who do are morally culpable. Sadly there is no shortage of such "bottom line" shysters. That there are also plenty of attorneys, who really do have standards though, is not oft reported these days, .... for some reason. You don't want to get me started on why I think that is.
grin2.gif

Well, you start to realize that there's been a steady diet of things for courts to ponder ..when there was not as much at one time. One can attribute it to social evolution/devolution/revolution ..but after a while one begins to ponder if it's just another meal ticket that's turned into a hungry line of monsters.

Sorta like handing out free food somewhere in the beltway. You'll end up being a homeless magnet. This sorta stuff attracts upscale scavengers.

"Zero tolerance standards are just another symptom of our crumbling society."
=============================================================================

Yea, but it sounds good to the sheeple.

I resent thaaaaaat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back