Two Students Expelled For Kissing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hormone-addled teenage boy (which is all of them) is going to push a girl away because the rules say so. I don't care if the principal is standing right there with an AK47.
21.gif

It's not like this even happened in class or anything. It happened on the bus. Last time I checked, the primary purpose of a bus was to get you from here to there, and what you do in between really doesn't matter.

I don't see it as a reason for being expelled. Yes, it was a violation of the rules, but to deny them an education because of kissing?

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Newsflash! Kids have been kissing, making out, and far more, for centuries, despite whatever rules have been in place, and it's not going to stop.
Who among you never kissed a girl at school or on the bus, or...
Oh wait, never mind.

Hey, i was married on the school bus in second grade! The bus driver performed the ceremony, and of course the aisle of the bus served perfectly for "walking down the aisle". 'Course two weeks later we split up on an argument in the lunch room.
LOL.gif
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Newsflash! Kids have been kissing, making out, and far more, for centuries, despite whatever rules have been in place, and it's not going to stop.

Who among you never kissed a girl at school or on the bus, or...
Oh wait, never mind.

no comment

I will say that our bus driver, was an "understanding gal", and that was very lucky for me back in those days. Come to think of it, I suppose I would be burned at the stake now days. Time marches on eh?

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Have to say that unless there were previous warnings for similar actions, expulsion was a bit draconian.

Bob

These are "booby trap" rules. I think that everyone will agree that to suffer consequences at the hands of "good faith" authority, that it's socially sensible to make the consequences for misconduct or disobedience KNOWN in advance of such punishment being levied against them.

That is:

Warning 1: Mr. and Ms. Doe and Doer. Kissing is a violation of school rules/policy and my result in escalating penalties for continued violations. You have detention today.

Warning 2: Mr. Doe and Ms. Doer, Your continued kissing on the buss will require your in school suspension.

Warning 3: Mr. Doe and Ms. Doer, your continued defiance has now earned you a 3 day suspension. Your next violation will result in you being expelled.

If a letter detailing the violations was sent home at each (or any) instance, then the parents would have (probably) taken care of this. Instead, they were totally out of the loop until "doom" appeared as the consequences.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Warning 1: Mr. and Ms. Doe and Doer. Kissing is a violation of school rules/policy and my result in escalating penalties for continued violations. You have detention today.

And you will both stay in the the detention room for two hours...

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
I also wonder, if it had been two boys making out, would there have been such an outcry at the severe punishment?

Good question...my guess is that it would become a lot more politicized. In the sense that certain advocacy groups would accuse the Board of anti-gay discrimination vice punishing people who are breaking the rules.

That said, I think the punishment was a bit much, but don't dispute the board or the school's right to impose it.

Sadly, making out was probably the most productive school-related thing they did all week. Other than getting brainwashed, but that's a whole separate issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ccs v2.0
Two girls?

They would have been honored at a school assembly.

I doubt that very much. Apparently you guys either all have me on 'ignore', or you missed my post before this one.

By the way I don't think I deserve that.

Originally Posted By: Oilgal
Originally Posted By: ccs v2.0
Two girls?

They would have been honored at a school assembly.

I doubt that very much. Apparently you guys either all have me on 'ignore', or you missed my post before this one.

By the way I don't think I deserve that.

You previously said "no comment." Then you posted something vague that could be interpreted in more than one way. If you can clarify that which you were indicating in your previous post, then I'll gladly comment. Otherwise I won't say anything, because I'm bound to plant my foot squarely in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back