Two different HPL oil companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the explanation from David and link to the post.

"Sometimes we do our best to make things confusing. So here is the structure. We make both oils here in our plant. Harry Hruska owns the HPL label and he is essentially a master distributor for the racing market. We work very closely together. We did have some racing relationships in place before we met Harry. It is those cars that you will find our Oval logos rather than our HPL initials. We operate as close to one company as you can while not being one company. Harry has extensive knowledge in the turbo market as the former owner of Precision Turbo in Hebron IN. He also hated the HPL Pro Mod car in the NHRA. We tend to focus on industrial lubricants and fleet lubricants here at the plant. Through my own years being involved with my own racing, World of Outlaws, and NHRA Pro Stock and Pro Stock motorcycle we have established relationships that I often talk about. Through HPL we support the Street outlaws together.

David
"

This is slightly confusing but:

- "Advanced Lubrication" is High Performance Lubricants. These are the products developed by or under the guidance of Dr. Rudnick.
- "HPL Oil" is a private label product blended by Advanced Lubrication for another outfit to their spec.

Think of the red "HPL" as TGMO being blended by ExxonMobil. Just because Mobil blends it, doesn't mean it's Mobil 1.
or don't use the same brand name (HPL)... would be better much better. Just like TGMO do

Just curious if any of you have used the red label HPL, & how it compares? Or is it that sub par to not even bother? I'm intrigued by the no VII line up from ALS/HPL, & trying to figure out what grade would suit my commuter 04 Civic EX best. I'd say over 95% driving is highway with that little motor humming between 3-4k rpm. Leaning towards the Euro 5w30. Thoughts?

Here's the explanation from David and link to the post.

"Sometimes we do our best to make things confusing. So here is the structure. We make both oils here in our plant. Harry Hruska owns the HPL label and he is essentially a master distributor for the racing market. We work very closely together. We did have some racing relationships in place before we met Harry. It is those cars that you will find our Oval logos rather than our HPL initials. We operate as close to one company as you can while not being one company. Harry has extensive knowledge in the turbo market as the former owner of Precision Turbo in Hebron IN. He also hated the HPL Pro Mod car in the NHRA. We tend to focus on industrial lubricants and fleet lubricants here at the plant. Through my own years being involved with my own racing, World of Outlaws, and NHRA Pro Stock and Pro Stock motorcycle we have established relationships that I often talk about. Through HPL we support the Street outlaws together.

David
"

I'm still confused, if not more now.

If the oval logo High Performance Lubricants brand is focused on industrial and fleet, then why are they the brand that's selling us things like OVERKILL blend and No VII? And a full slate of other PCMO oils, Engine Cleaner, etc. Why isn't that all through the red label "HPL" brand if that's supposed to be the automotive lubricants brand?

I still don't understand why both "High Performance Lubricants" and "HPL" exist. When the High Performance Lubricants discussion really started ramping up in this place, I remember coming across the red label "HPL" online store and thinking that it must be that they just changed their logo/labeling and that it appeared to be the same product line.

I think they should really consider changing "HPL" to a different name. I know that's a big undertaking, but it's very confusing to the customer and it presents quite like it's the same thing when it's not.

Look, it’s not that confusing.

David explained it - he has a relationship with the racing world through another person. He wants to keep that relationship.

Fleet contracts. Government contracts. Racing. That’s where his customer base lies.

Asking for him to make it easy for you requires him changing those relationships in his core business. How arrogant, that he should change for our convenience when we are a very small part of his business.

You want HPL?

See this post above:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/two-different-hpl-oil-companies.370372/post-6531341

They gave us a link.

They gave us a discount.

They even developed tailored products for us.

So, stop using Google to find the company and please, stop asking them to change. Keep it simple. Use their link.

Done. With that, this thread is done. We are beating a dead horse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back