Two different HPL oil companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing two different HPL oil websites to choose from. Both are out of IN. Are they the same? Which one is preferred?
Thanks in advance

Much appreciated. What's the difference between that & this then? Looks like you can purchase online from here too.

Much appreciated. What's the difference between that & this then? Looks like you can purchase online from here too.

There's a relationship but I don't remember what it is. In any case the selection is not the same. Perhaps @High Performance Lubricants can provide some clarity?

This is slightly confusing but:

- "Advanced Lubrication" is High Performance Lubricants. These are the products developed by or under the guidance of Dr. Rudnick.
- "HPL Oil" is a private label product blended by Advanced Lubrication for another outfit to their spec.

Think of the red "HPL" as TGMO being blended by ExxonMobil. Just because Mobil blends it, doesn't mean it's Mobil 1.

- "Advanced Lubrication" is High Performance Lubricants. These are the products developed by or under the guidance of Dr. Rudnick.
- "HPL Oil" is a private label product blended by Advanced Lubrication for another outfit to their spec.

Think of the red "HPL" as TGMO being blended by ExxonMobil. Just because Mobil blends it, doesn't mean it's Mobil 1.
Order High Performance Lubricants motor oil from website https://www.advlubrication.com/

I believe @High Performance Lubricants can confirm!

This explains it clearly. Thanks!

This explains it clearly. Thanks!
Order High Performance Lubricants motor oil from website https://www.advlubrication.com/ and don’t forget to enter the code: BITOG15 at checkout for 15%off.

If there is something you want, and you don’t see it on the site, call them. Talk with Mary Jane. She’s very nice. Very helpful. For example, I bought two cases (gear oil and transmission fluid) last week. The website calculated shipping. An hour later, I got an email from her, and she was able to get me a better rate on shipping than the one calculated by the site. She refunded the difference.

Further, they have lots of products that aren’t listed. For example, this:

image.jpg

So, it is best to check first if you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for.

Remember, they are a small company that specializes in large government, and business, contracts, and racing support. The consumer sales are a very small percentage of their business, so their website isn’t what you’re used to from a large consumer product company. That’s OK. You will not find a more responsive and helpful bunch of folks.

This may have been covered in a previous thread, but is there a filter on the market that holds more worth to use with their products?

This may have been covered in a previous thread, but is there a filter on the market that holds more worth to use with their products?
Personally, I have an Amsoil EA filter but will be switching to a Fram Endurance at the next change.

The biggest catch is to change the filter early just in case.

High Performance Lubricants is the company. They blend everything for both labels.

high performance lubricants logo.jpg

Advanced Lubrication is their distribution arm through which their products are sold. Not every oil they have is on that site, however. They make specialty oils in small batches that aren't of enough quantity to justify putting them on the site.

HPL logo.jpg

The brand that uses just the initials "HPL" is a partnership deal between High Performance Lubricants and Harry Hruska, the founder of Precision Turbo. The oils are different formulas though blended to the same quality standards.

The OG FRAM Ultra or the FRAM Endurance are probably the best choices IMHO.
Right on. I'm using Fram Endurance in both my vehicles at the moment for the 1st time. The dip stick is still nice & clear at about 2k, so that's a plus. If they hold up well till the next oci, I'll probably just continue to roll with them.

Order High Performance Lubricants motor oil from website https://www.advlubrication.com/ and don’t forget to enter the code: BITOG15 at checkout for 15%off.

If there is something you want, and you don’t see it on the site, call them. Talk with Mary Jane. She’s very nice. Very helpful. For example, I bought two cases (gear oil and transmission fluid) last week. The website calculated shipping. An hour later, I got an email from her, and she was able to get me a better rate on shipping than the one calculated by the site. She refunded the difference.

Further, they have lots of products that aren’t listed. For example, this:

View attachment 162688
So, it is best to check first if you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for.

Remember, they are a small company that specializes in large government, and business, contracts, and racing support. The consumer sales are a very small percentage of their business, so their website isn’t what you’re used to from a large consumer product company. That’s OK. You will not find a more responsive and helpful bunch of folks.

Definitely great people to buy from.

While I understand the smaller business element and that we are pennies compared to the top line, it would be nice to see a list. Certainly not a fully four color spread of every single option.

Such as the HEDO 5w20, it exists but it isn't published, just like your 75w gear oil. Makes me wonder if they have a 75w85, probably would've put that in my front diff instead of 75w90.

Don't know what is going on with HPL l. sent Davr DM a few weeks ago asking about a specific application and recommendation never got response. Maybe because I only needed 11 quarts. They must be busy.

Don't know what is going on with HPL l. sent Davr DM a few weeks ago asking about a specific application and recommendation never got response. Maybe because I only needed 11 quarts. They must be busy.

They stay very busy this time of year. PM me what you were looking for, and I'll relay it.

The High Performance Lubricants vs red label HPL thing is so confusing.

Why did the Precision Turbo related private label brand use the same initials as the actual blender instead of taking on a unique name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back