Turtle Wax 75th Birthday Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax

Such a strange fascination in this thread about waxing plastics.

It is only partly to protect them in one swoop. It is also because wax/sealant products that are not made to be used on plastic, rubber, or vinyl decals can typically leave a terrible residue on them. Even if I were to decide to use a different product for them, it is nice not to have to worry about precision. Precision takes time. The less time and effort necessary, the better. My old 08 Jeep is gives physical testimony of how Ice products that can be used on plastic and rubber can easily protect and preserve the whole vehicle's appearance with one simple product, quickly and easily.

I hope that explains that it is more than fascination, but rather an issue of practicality that is important to some of us who have been a bit spoiled by previous TW products.

I understand the purpose. But I don't get the point. If you're going to take the time to protect a vehicle then just take the tiny amount of extra time and be careful. You don't need to tape things off to avoid them. It's not difficult to avoid smearing product on trim if you put in really any effort.

Might as well just take it to the local wash and pay for the tri-color wax if you're just going to slather something all over your vehicle with no regard for transitions between materials.

I understand the purpose. But I don't get the point. If you're going to take the time to protect a vehicle then just take the tiny amount of extra time and be careful. You don't need to tape things off to avoid them. It's not difficult to avoid smearing product on trim if you put in really any effort.

Might as well just take it to the local wash and pay for the tri-color wax if you're just going to slather something all over your vehicle with no regard for transitions between materials.
Well, I don't know how exactly you got the idea that it is so sloppy a process as to use the word slather. And I think even the most basic Ice product is far better than what is used in the typical car wash. It is simply a matter of convenience and efficiency. Again, take a look at the 13 year old paint on my old Jeep. Not a swirl nor is there any dulling, in spite of being bathed in road salt, mud, etc. And the plastic/rubber/decals all look like new. Simple. Easy. Why not have a desire for that result with minimal effort?

So do you use a TV remote? Why not just get up and walk three or four steps and change the channel then sit back down? It isn't really that much more effort. It's actually a bit bigger of a difference than it sounds here on a forum discussion, isn't it?

What this new TW product will have to do is shine better and longer. Otherwise, I'm VERY happy with the previous products that shine and last very well and also do double duty on the plastic/rubber/decals, as well and I'll simply continue on with them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the beading on this stuff after seeing it in Pan The Organizer's video. But it will have to be really something to out do Hybrid Solutions or Seal N Shine. I haven't tried Flex Wax yet, but expect it to be great, too. It may wind up the one I settle upon unless the paste shows clear superiority.

For those of you who found this product to be sold out, it now appears to be back in stock at the online detail shops (AutoGeek, Autopia), Amazon, etc. It’s also on eBay at inflated prices.

I got the product a couple weeks ago and tried it out on my wife's new Q3. I said I would never use a paste wax again but had to give it a try. Application is easy, removal is not bad, comes off pretty easy but streaky, and instructions say to use two towels which the second final buff of is really easy and leaves a great shine. Shine and gloss is as good as anything I have used, and the water beading is great. Not sheeting like a ceramic, but large tight round beads like a good wax. Will see how the durability is, but may have a spot in my rotation. My go to for shine and gloss and ease of removal for something that I don't mind applying a couple times per year is Blackfire Wet diamond sealant. 2 washes so far and still beading like crazy. BTW mine did not come with an applicator, but I had plenty.

Attachments

• q3.jpg
    q3.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 20
FYI, even though this says to not use on plastic, there was no residue left on plastic like some waxes do, so you dont have to be as careful as you would with some others.

Tried this on my daughter’s Jeep today and it went on well, good beading, shine etc. But since all fresh wax jobs look great, we’ll see how TW75 holds up long term. This Jeep never sees the inside of a garage, spends a lot of time driving on the beach and is Diamond Black Crystal, so it should be a good subject for a wax torture test.
I had no issues with the TW75 on rubber/plastic trim and also put it on the windshield.

Back