Turo beats old rental companies

I do not question that you stepped of the boat…

It’s mega cruise ship that you’ve sailed on, right? And it and other such ships dock at places that have such a dock to accept such a ship, and unload thousands of tourists! Yet these are NOT tourist places? Kinda of doesn’t make sense, hence me questioning. Furthermore, if the places were troublesome, wouldn’t cruise ships not got there, since it’s a bad rep?

As to your picture: these people live healthy and likely happy lives, being mostly outdoor, on water and eating seafood, sure the houses are rather basic, but I bet dwellers don’t suffer from: depression, anxiety, and add; don’t eat scoops of tablets either. Murder rate is probably less than that of most major American cities.
Mega ships cannot cruise up the Amazon. The ship held at maximum 1,400.00 passengers. But there were fewer than that. At times there was only 5 feet separating our ship from the bottom of the Amazon river. Most port stops in Brazil in particular were tendering ashore-because they were not frequented by the mega ships nor had the docks to handle them.

Quick Turo search
Screenshot_20230328_210906_Chrome.jpg

You car insurance covers rentals. What extras do you mean? Yours show an OTD price
Turo isn't considered a rental by all insurances. Turo offers insurance like a rental company does. Extras are the scams like fueling. I personally would use turo if it was cheaper for me. I have not found it to be yet. I did notice it's mostly Teslas in my area which is sort of odd. I may try one for a weekend.

Turo isn't considered a rental by all insurances. Turo offers insurance like a rental company does. Extras are the scams like fueling. I personally would use turo if it was cheaper for me. I have not found it to be yet. I did notice it's mostly Teslas in my area which is sort of odd. I may try one for a weekend.

Progressive, considers it a rental. Most normal companies, unless “your local church insurance ltd.” Consider it a rental. You pay money to rent a car - it’s a rental

When I rent a can, I wan the cheapest, crappiest manual transmission beater they have..... oh wait that doesn't exist, and I've only rented a car once.....

No one messes with a beater, and if they do, no one cares.

P

A full coverage meeting lease requirements is needed, yes. But you can purchase insurance from Turo when checking out your rental
I did when I rented from Turo before the ‘vid. It was Liberty Mutual then. Rented a Subaru and headed over to Mt. Hood for the same price as a penalty box Nissan or Hyundai from Hertz(AAA gives me a small break there but still).

When I rent a can, I wan the cheapest, crappiest manual transmission beater they have..... oh wait that doesn't exist, and I've only rented a car once.....

No one messes with a beater, and if they do, no one cares.
Hertz in LA gave me the option of a Chevy Equinox or a Dodge Charger - I picked the less ostentatious option. Easier to park, and no trunk(I don’t leave things out in rental cars). Now, if this was in San Diego or Orange County, CA I would have picked the Charger.

Last edited:
Local church insurance??? Not sure who you are trying to belittle.

“belittle”? I think it’s your inner boogieman playing with your insecurity/lack of self-esteem. Here:
F97DA41B-F505-4A1C-A596-DDE5C492789D.jpeg

You know (perhaps) how a small, local credit union will usually have/offer fewer product and services vs a regular, large bank chain? That’s what I meant about “local church car insurance ltd” - this kind may not cover a rental car from Turo, but most “normal” car insurance companies will.

Hope that makes sense.

“belittle”? I think it’s your inner boogieman playing with your insecurity/lack of self-esteem. Here:
View attachment 147464

You know (perhaps) how a small, local credit union will usually have/offer fewer product and services vs a regular, large bank chain? That’s what I meant about “local church car insurance ltd” - this kind may not cover a rental car from Turo, but most “normal” car insurance companies will.

Hope that makes sense.
Your explanation makes sense but that must not be even a semi common figure of speech.

And I do know what you meant but bringing "local church" into a phrase does not always imply small.

"your inner boogieman playing with your insecurity/lack of self-esteem" :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

Dang dude. That's rich. How many more notches do you have?
:LOL:

Your explanation makes sense but that must not be even a semi common figure of speech.

And I do know what you meant but bringing "local church" into a phrase does not always imply small.

"your inner boogieman playing with your insecurity/lack of self-esteem" :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

Dang dude. That's rich. How many more notches do you have?
:LOL:

America is a diverse place (for better and for worse). English is my 3rd language. Surely you’ve encountered people from other cultures here and noticed their choice of words might seem peculiar?

As to “dang that’s rich”: you know how if a person is a hypochondriac and someone will point out that he/she look a tad pale and suggests to go for a walk in fresh air, the hypochondriac will hear much more than a suggestion to go for a walk? 😁. Kinda makes sense? 🙂

In any event: you laughter and composure in your responde suggests my comment, at least for the most part, is off the mark 🙂

America is a diverse place (for better and for worse). English is my 3rd language. Surely you’ve encountered people from other cultures here and noticed their choice of words might seem peculiar?

As to “dang that’s rich”: you know how if a person is a hypochondriac and someone will point out that he/she look a tad pale and suggests to go for a walk in fresh air, the hypochondriac will hear much more than a suggestion to go for a walk? 😁. Kinda makes sense? 🙂

In any event: you laughter and composure in your responde suggests my comment, at least for the most part, is off the mark 🙂
I would say your English is near perfect. That is why I did not think of it as a foreign colloquialism. My apologies.

Carry on!

In fact I have 3 times in my 39 years on this earth.

Middle East, Haiti, and Southern Europe.

A vacation in a foreign land, Uncle Sam does the best he can
You're in the army now, oh-oo-oh you're in the army now?

Just testing my tea leafs prediction skills😁

Back