Turo beats old rental companies

Haha, didn't mean to trigger you. It's actually pretty simple to travel, stay, and eat by other means.

Sure there are other means, just like there are other means to communicate instead of using a phone - what if scammers listen in and get your private information šŸ‘¹ - like postal pigeons and so on! Iā€™m not claiming you canā€™t order food the way you like, just am taken aback by how some people are overly concerned about going about life. But it certainly is your prerogative

9700208B-96C6-41AA-84C7-F9AE5BBD25F1.jpg

Wait - you didn't pick out a BLACK BMW?

Man, I though for sure that you would...

:cool:

there were only 2 available, and both with blacked out grills and wheels. Irritating, but I guess some think that mature adult man wearing track suit is cooler than a mature adult man wearing Brioni suit, hence how they ordered the two available 7 series

šŸ™‚

Last edited:
You misunderstand-a cruise does dock...and many places in South America...let's just say isn't like here.

I know they dockā€¦. In tourist places, where local government or mafiosi know that killing a tourist is bad for business šŸ˜. I find American downtowns (large cities) a lot more off putting and dangerous than many, supposedly dangerous places in 2nd world counties. How many American tourists were killed in Brasil in 2022. Probably zero. Most of the local savages just look scary, but are actually kind and simple on the inside! šŸ™‚

I used to rent out a car on Turo. Nothing fancy, just an Escape. It was great until it wasnā€™t. I no longer recommend Turo. And would never rent there. Except I did have like $1k in account credit they gave me for my inconvenience for what happened and I had a nice Tesla for a week. So that was cool.

Traditional rental car agencies can be inconsistent and have some boring cars but itā€™s well worth it if something goes wrong.

If you donā€™t mind, please share details: what was great and what has changed that it no longer was?

Thanks

I like the concept of Turo and I've used it before, but whether or not my insurance covers it doesn't matter as I know my credit card won't whereas through a rental company I get primary coverage. Between that and my discount through work which makes the rental company route cheapest Turo doesn't make sense for me unless I purposely want an experience.

I like the concept of Turo and I've used it before, but whether or not my insurance covers it doesn't matter as I know my credit card won't whereas through a rental company I get primary coverage. Between that and my discount through work which makes the rental company route cheapest Turo doesn't make sense for me unless I purposely want an experience.

What market are you in? Whatā€™s your town?

What market are you in? Whatā€™s your town?
I rented a 911 Carrera S on Turo for a couple of days in Phoenix a few years ago, as well as a Highlander for a people hauler in the same area. Rental company price is the same regardless of where I rent.

I rented a 911 Carrera S on Turo for a couple of days in Phoenix a few years ago, as well as a Highlander for a people hauler in the same area. Rental company price is the same regardless of where I rent.

Prices on Turo are the same no matter the market, did I get you right?

No, my price on a rental from Hertz is the same regardless of market so it easily beats even Turo in expensive markets.

Can you post a screen shot of a full size car, including taxes, for March 1-8 at LAX? Iā€™m really curious if you are on the mark. Thanks

I did Turo. The owner Chick was in NY. Car is in SoCal. ****ed girl told us goofy info where the car would be and supposed to be charging cord and what to do and such. The car was fine, and glad I took pics of existing damage. In the end it was OK but the communication was like the chicken talking to the duck.

I know they dockā€¦. In tourist places, where local government or mafiosi know that killing a tourist is bad for business šŸ˜. I find American downtowns (large cities) a lot more off putting and dangerous than many, supposedly dangerous places in 2nd world counties. How many American tourists were killed in Brasil in 2022. Probably zero. Most of the local savages just look scary, but are actually kind and simple on the inside! šŸ™‚

PXL_20230303_144900553.MP.jpg

I'm done chasing replies with you. This isn't a tourist area-and yea I did get out of the boat.

This is a f@@king ridiculous price, mate! How??? šŸ˜
Employer discount code (can be used for leisure as well, same price for both and still includes free liability even for leisure). I was told once at the rental counter that "Wow, that's a really good rate. Way better than what I get [as an employee]." I have President's Circle status (separately through my credit card, unrelated to work or rental frequency) so I actually just book a standard (runs about $250/week after taxes and fees) and take my pick from the President's isle so it's a win-win. Worst case I get a full-size, best case I get something in the premium class.

That's more than it used to be...but that's competitive.
$26 per day is more than it used to be? What decade are we talking about here? ;) From what I've been able to find it's far more than competitive regardless of whether you go with one of the big guys or Turo.

Employer discount code (can be used for leisure as well, same price for both and still includes free liability even for leisure). I was told once at the rental counter that "Wow, that's a really good rate. Way better than what I get [as an employee]." I have President's Circle status (separately through my credit card, unrelated to work or rental frequency) so I actually just book a standard (runs about $250/week after taxes and fees) and take my pick from the President's isle so it's a win-win. Worst case I get a full-size, best case I get something in the premium class.

I thought that my Avis preferred plus gets a majority of discount. Like maybe there is 25% extra available elsewhere, but not more. Avis is showing full size for $700 out the door for LAX, same dates. Yours is like 60% lessā€¦ unreal! šŸ˜

Well, $662
2DE8EBD7-487B-4BAE-A934-77967CF32471.jpg

View attachment 147388
I'm done chasing replies with you. This isn't a tourist area-and yea I did get out of the boat.

I do not question that you stepped of the boatā€¦

Itā€™s mega cruise ship that youā€™ve sailed on, right? And it and other such ships dock at places that have such a dock to accept such a ship, and unload thousands of tourists! Yet these are NOT tourist places? Kinda of doesnā€™t make sense, hence me questioning. Furthermore, if the places were troublesome, wouldnā€™t cruise ships not got there, since itā€™s a bad rep?

As to your picture: these people live healthy and likely happy lives, being mostly outdoor, on water and eating seafood, sure the houses are rather basic, but I bet dwellers donā€™t suffer from: depression, anxiety, and add; donā€™t eat scoops of tablets either. Murder rate is probably less than that of most major American cities.

Back