Triax Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run a VOA on said oil and take a look maybe ok and just a lot of hand wringing over it without facts.

Haven't heard of triax to be honest, can't immediately say it's bad. But until something special about it is found out that makes it worth buying since 1 quart is $8, I can't justify going out of my way to get it instead of getting something locally.

Heck I'd rather order $8 quarts of amsoil oe over this stuff if I was forced to. At least one is somewhat proven and reputable. And is a multi grade at that.

And the sae 30w on the bottle is weird as it's just sae 30.

The facts are the approvals, licenses and certifications an oil has or does not have. Anything else is opinion, especially when the blender tries to make it look otherwise.
Again show the proof the oil suggested will not perform or has not performed. I'm done till you gather the the proof.

Again show the proof the oil suggested will not perform or has not performed. I'm done till you gather the the proof.
You are 180 degrees from where you should be but you have no clue. Why on earth should I be required to prove something does not perform when it's the blender's duty to show that it does? It's their responsibility not mine. There's a way blenders and formulators prove things and it's not by weasel wording on PDS sheets.

Lol, you keep digging but the hole is only getting deeper. But if you're done here then that's a good thing.

Not trying to be insulting but the optics of this statement lack critical thinking.

There is a lot of other areas in life where you would not let something happen without knowing the proper credentialing is in place.

There was a recent UOA of Triax posted here, it was simply awful:

UOA has been deleted since OP inadvertently included all his personal information on the post. But the "wear numbers" were sky high and the supposed "Euro 5w30" had a cst@100 in the 9's.

Are we getting spammed here? Multiple posts on Triax from very low post count members. :unsure:

How would you know?
There was a recent UOA of Triax posted here, it was simply awful:

UOA has been deleted since OP inadvertently included all his personal information on the post. But the "wear numbers" were sky high and the supposed "Euro 5w30" had a cst@100 in the 9's.

Are we getting spammed here? Multiple posts on Triax from very low post count members. :unsure:

I have to wonder about that as well.
Well, no. At least not from me. I was one of the earlier members on BITOG when Bob was still around and Terry Dyson. I joined I think in 1997 ... yes, 1997. My handle was Alex D. So I have been around this forum for a while. I was inactive for a few years ... long story and could no longer log in with my original handle, so I assumed it was purged from the record and I had to sign up anew. My interest in Triax was genuine and I don't subscribe to the bashing. It has good reviews across the internet. Fine if you don't agree. I remember the Amsoil bashing over the years. Waas not much different. Anyway, no spamming here.

Maybe an administrator can "re-awaken" my old handle and credentials?

“Good reviews across the Internet” is just about the last possible thing I’d consider in the choice of an oil. In fact it would be hard for me to think of anything else I would consider more secondary to that.

Approvals, specifications and licenses are what demonstrate the real world properties and capabilities of an oil.

I have been using Triax oil in my 2010 Honda Element 120k and my 2004Nissan Titan 148k . It makes them run quite and no oil burning . I change oil at 5-6k and use Fram ultra filters . It is a good value . I also use their global atf and my shifts are smooth . Prior to using Triax i used Penzoil Platinum which also served me well . Sure they have listed 15k OCI but that's for people that like to buy new cars ever time they get one paid off . Oil doesn't wear out but it sure gets dirty ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back