Triax Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched this forum up and down to find some more info on Triax lubricants. Not much info. A lot of "opinions" and a couple of VOAs that actually look quite good. This stuff seems to sell well on Amazon with decent reviews. Is there any more information on this brand and its oils now ?

I remember a VOA one of Triax “premium” oils claimed to be ester based, but the analysis showed a low oxidation value. So not likely ester based, or only containing a trace amount of esters which was exposed.

With that said, “Value” is subjective. It is unlikely that a small blender could create a high performance product with premium ingredients for a Walmart or EBay price point.

Just sayin’!

No API starburst or donut, no company information... why would anyone buy this stuff? This is the sort of product that we'll see on the PQIA's review pages with warnings and red flags for the product not meeting stated specifications.

No API starburst or donut, no company information... why would anyone buy this stuff? This is the sort of product that we'll see on the PQIA's review pages with warnings and red flags for the product not meeting stated specifications.
If I am not mistaken it has the donut on the back of the bottle ... Amsoil doesn't have a starburst or a donut ... and the VOAs here were looking quite strong.

Lastly, there are also oil discussions on Reddit. I found this one interesting: Part 1 Review of Triax 5w40 Fleet Supreme in a 6.0 Powerstroke : FordDiesels (reddit.com)

Last edited:
Maybe I missed the donut in your picture but I don't see it. And what the heck is a 30W viscosity grade? If it's a monograde oil it will be SAE30. If it's a multi-grade oil it will be a XW-30. I don't see any 30W in the SAE J300 chart. Maybe Triax has a special grade? And do you really believe a monograde 30 is going to be useable at -40ºC/F? That's a bit of a stretch on that claim.

I don't wish to sound negative about your purchase but there's not a good reason to mail-order this product from Amazon. Triax Lubes is a new name for a previous product (Remmco) which is a marketing project from some guy from Romania. Their corporate address is listed and published as his residence in a neighborhood in Texas. The entire marketing project just smells fishy. Triax does list a few API licensed products but this monograde oil isn't one of them. There are literally dozens of fabulous SAE30 oils you could buy at the local market to use without playing the Triax marketing game.

Attachments

• Triax.JPG
    Triax.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Obviously you won't find the "donut" on small engine oil ;) Their automotive oils have one.

It's not intended for over-the-road use. API SJ and SL and high ZN oil won't get the starburst and/or donut. The front label says SAE 30W.

Have a look at this 5w30 and answer these questions:

1.) does it have Dexos 1.2 or is it mixed in the “recommended“ list ?
2.) does the SDS info match the claims wrt to base stock ?
3.) why the big price differential between this website and other online ?
(IIRC, the API starburst is for latest specs and donut covers past specs)

Last edited:
I got plenty of hits with one search. Apparently the OP wasn’t interested.

I think the OP started the thread with his mind already made up to use it and anything contrary is an argument.

There has been very little to say what in the the bottle is not serviceable to use. It is just their certifications and labeling to back it up has not caught up in many if not most cases. Most people with common sense and worried about backing up a warranty claim would avoid it. Redline and Amsoil analogies are moot as those companies have a record of backing up claims on their oils and Triax is yet to be determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back