Trans drain plug kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where, and what brand drain plug kit do I need to get for a 02 Dodge Grand Caravan's transmission pan?

I am about to drop the pan and just change the fluid and filter myself instead of the dealer doing it for me. Thought it would be nice to add a drain plug while the pan is off, as long as it doesn't leak.

I bought one at the local independant auto parts store. Don't remember the brand. Just go to the best real auto parts store in your area and ask. The best real auto parts store is almost never one of the big chains.

Be thoughtful about where you locate it in the pan. You have to make sure that it doesn't interfere with the filter or anything else when you put the pan back on. You also want to have it at the lowest point possible and to the rear of the car assuming you use wheel ramps or jack stands when you are under there.

I used a little bit of the red high strength type Loctite on the portion which is designed to stay on the pan forever. You really do not want the drain assembly working it's way loose!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back