TOYOTA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Umm Toyota doesn't even make a V8 RWD car AFAIK, so there's no reason for them to be in NASCAR in the first place.

I've always said that 4 door pickups were today's station wagon, so, err, there's that.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Chevy_towing_Toyota_truck_by_Partywave.jpg

smile.gif

lol!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
zzzzz, who cares. NASCAR is "professional" wrestling, only with fast cars...

Steve you beat me to it. I mean good for Toyota or whoever wins the next event. NASCAR? Not a fan, build your own car like I did in the garage? I'm a fan. Doesn't matter what make.

NASCAR cars are not really cars anymore. Not sure any of the parts are even used on anything but those cars.

Now I can't remember the Last time someone's Lexus or Toyota out ran my WS6. When one does I will shake that person's hand.
Been a long time since I have seen a really fast, really nice Supra at the track. They are getting too pricey and too rare to ruin.

The OPs Highlander? Let me bust out my 3/4 ton truck...should be a pretty good race after I hook up my trailer.
smile.gif
wink.gif

You folks have a good day, remember all in fun boys and girls, all in fun.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
Hey, the OP's Highlander get 25mpg. @80mph...try that with your 2500HD.

Bah, I used to have a car that would get 40mpg at 80mph. And unlike any Toyota I've driven--it'd ask for more.

Originally Posted By: supton
Huh?

Toyota won something? Someone watches NASCAR?

I'm confused.

Name change coming. To be known as "TRASHCAR".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Hey, the OP's Highlander get 25mpg. @80mph...try that with your 2500HD.

Well we can talk about MPGs if you like, but I thought we were here talking about racing...
Because I am pretty sure I have at lest two other units that will do the same thing. Not sure about the Grand Prix, but I will do this...I will leave the WS6 in 6th gear from start, pull on the Highlander hit 80 and still pull down an honest 25 mpg because in 6th gear because I am like 900 rpm off idle.
Then when I want to destroy the Highlander I will roll into the throttle nice and easy like so you can watch my mullet flow in the wind and admired the WS6's big fat sexy butt as I pull away into the sunset.
wink.gif

Man, amazing how many Toyota haters there are. Ya'll must be really mad your cars are junk in comparison!

Yep, I just went there...
Trolling.gif
28.gif

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Hey at least the Toyota is a pushrod engine...hard to argue with that.
smile.gif

They all are.
France family rules.

That was kind of my point. What daily driven Toyota uses an OHV pushrod engine? I can't think of one. Someone here might know.
I dislike NASCAR.

That was kind of my point. What daily driven Toyota uses an OHV pushrod engine? I can't think of one. Someone here might know.

Had to look.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/tun...hrod-v-8-page-6

Quote:
Toyota manufactures only the engine block, the cylinder heads, the valve seats and guides, and the valley cover, White said. Like the other manufacturers, Toyota outsources all other engine-related parts from traditional NASCAR vendors such as Edelbrock, Crane, Drake, and Holley.

So I guess it's a Toyota engine, but I'm not sure you or I could buy one, anywhere.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
For morning entertainment, nothing beats reading a bunch of internet jockeys defend an inanimate object that sits in their driveway and the faceless corporation that made it.

Bravo! You are an M.B.A's wet dream.

Come on man it is all in good fun. What do want to do, talk about bad stuff? I see enough of that daily. What good is it if we can't poke fun at each other, or for that matter our own selves? See my mullet comment. I have an awesome mullet wig I like to wear sometimes will blasting some 80's hair bands, T-tops off, rolling the Trans Am. People love it. I will have to find a picture.

Originally Posted By: supton

Had to look.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/tun...hrod-v-8-page-6

Quote:
Toyota manufactures only the engine block, the cylinder heads, the valve seats and guides, and the valley cover, White said. Like the other manufacturers, Toyota outsources all other engine-related parts from traditional NASCAR vendors such as Edelbrock, Crane, Drake, and Holley.

So I guess it's a Toyota engine, but I'm not sure you or I could buy one, anywhere.

That goes for any of the manufactures really. Purpose built. I imagine they do learn some stuff from it.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
For morning entertainment, nothing beats reading a bunch of internet jockeys defend an inanimate object that sits in their driveway and the faceless corporation that made it.

Bravo! You are an M.B.A's wet dream.

Come on man it is all in good fun. What do want to do, talk about bad stuff? I see enough of that daily. What good is it if we can't poke fun at each other, or for that matter our own selves? See my mullet comment. I have an awesome mullet wig I like to wear sometimes will blasting some 80's hair bands, T-tops off, rolling the Trans Am. People love it. I will have to find a picture.

Ha! I remember watching the comedian Gallager, he had a mullet wig sewed to his hat, and would remove it for comedic response in an act. As I go slowly bald I've thought about doing the same.

I agree, I'll point out all the deficiencies in my Toyota's quite happily. Life's too short as it is to be serious all the time. A bit of good-natured ribbing can always be fun.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go reapply rust protection for the fourth time this winter.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Hey at least the Toyota is a pushrod engine...hard to argue with that.
smile.gif

They all are.
France family rules.

I dislike NASCAR.
Does what Ford races start out as RWD and with a pushrod V8?

Originally Posted By: pdxglocker9mm
Originally Posted By: CKN
Toyota isn't overly loved here on BITOG. However, Toyota can do what ever they want with their $60 BILLION IN CASH RESERVES!!

They could start by fixing all their recalls that would be a nice way to spend some of that money.
Been waiting a long time for them and Takata to get their act together to replace my air bag.
Yea yea it's a supplier problem. In the meantime they say it ain't safe to drive my car in the way they said I could when they sold it to me.
Oh and as for nascar
WATCH OUT he's going LEFT!!!
Apparently you are unaware of the industry wide problem with those air bags, including "domestics" made in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back