Toyota V-6 engine type

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point with this engine is that most are just fine, but a few either are or become sludgers. So the listed precautions "use a synthetic oil, change oil at 8000 Km (5000 Miles) and attend to the PCV valve regularly" still apply.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: nthach
Originally Posted By: JMJNet

Challenge is the 3 spark plugs at the rear near the firewall are hard to change as in the later iteration of the engine also.

So, when changing the spark plugs, get the longest life Iridium spark plugs so it does not have to be change every 120k miles.

YES - I had to pull the plenum and cowl to do them on a 3MZ-FE. Not a fun job, I also do the valve cover gaskets and plug tube seals at the same time as a matter of access. Use the OEM Denso or NGK double Ir design on these. Bosch's OE-style finewire or Autolite's iridum plugs might also work, so would Denso's Iridium TT.

If you're going that far, you may also want to remove the lower intake and reseal the valley plate. That plate tends to leak coolant from a failed RTV seal. And if you're doing that, you should replace the knock sensor harness and the bypass hose.

Too late now.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back