Toyota sludge warranty--successful claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrCritical
Most service advisors have zero authority. Bobby may be the exception. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, go over his head.

I'm having him do that for me. He's presenting my case to the district manager.

I can always contact people above their heads if things don't work out.

I prefer for Bobby to plead my case to his DM first.

I prefer the more subtle, casually put my hand in my pocket, whoops, exposing my holstered .44 Magnum, approach.

Everyone knows I can draw it. Everyone knows I can shoot it.

I don't want to engage in any serious fights unless absolutely necessary.

I did go ahead and call Toyota corporate myself, got a "case number" and case manager assigned. She told me they go by whatever the people at the dealership say, which is "no sludge."

So doesn't matter how many service managers I spoke to, how many CSRs at Toyota, the answer is

DE-NIED.

Anyone in the DC area selling a nice used car that's not a Toyota?

If you could locate all the thousands of other people in the same boat and instigate a class action law suite.
Your going to walk away that is what Toyota is counting on.

Originally Posted By: Black Bart
If you could locate all the thousands of other people in the same boat and instigate a class action law suite.
Your going to walk away that is what Toyota is counting on.

There has already BEEN a huge class action lawsuit!

http://oilgelsettlement.com

The catch is the cash/float I'd need and the evidence I'd have to assemble for the arbitrator.

I just don't have the money or the time.

Why wouldn't you come in under this.

To make a claim under the settlement, call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331 or Lexus at 1-800-255-3987.

1. Regardless of the age of your car, your claim is considered timely if [it was] submitted by March 15, 2007.

2. After March 15, 2007, you must assert your claim within 8 years + 120 days after your car's original purchase/lease date.

Why wouldn't you come in under this.

To make a claim under the settlement, call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331 or Lexus at 1-800-255-3987.

1. Regardless of the age of your car, your claim is considered timely if [it was] submitted by March 15, 2007.

2. After March 15, 2007, you must assert your claim within 8 years + 120 days after your car's original purchase/lease date.

There wasn't any sludge.

Anyway, I've been talking with the OP and I have a contact in the DC area that might be able to help him out. Stay tuned.

Maybe it did not have sludge but what in hades made it grenade.
Surly something was defective. Toy should take care of this

I had just put in the 2nd or 3rd OC of GC. I think if anything it was either building up or debris got dislodged clogged an oil passage related to that first piston (I think it's considered cylinder #3, whatever).

I'm buying a new car and selling the old car for parts.

The official denial letter from TMSUSA is on the way. Once I receive it I get like 60 days to appeal to the independent arbitrator, who has like 90 days or something to reply.

At that point the only claim I will have are rental costs, the $400 I have to pay the stealership to get the car back, and the difference in sale price between what I get and Blue Book. I don't know how to figure mental anguish.

Rest assured that IMO 355 Toyota on Rockville Pike is about as desirable place as the inside of reactor #3 at Chernobyl.

It sucks, but them's the rules.

Maybe it did not have sludge but what in hades made it grenade.
Surly something was defective. Toy should take care of this

Toyota's service culture is what's defective. I'll post another thread railing at the "service writers" that some will hopefully get a kick out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back