Toyota Warranty Transfer?

Will call tomorrow, but curious if I can get an answer ahead of time--on my used 2021 Corolla, which is inside of the 5yr/60k powertrain, that should automatically be under warranty, right? I'm not seeing much about the basic drivetrain, but am seeing stuff about how I need to contact the prior owner and/or dealership...? seems like, it's under the mark, so it should just be covered, right?

Looks like my water pump is kaput... :( I haven't lifted the hood in a couple of weeks (so 1,000 miles?) and now I see a spray on the hood, pink bubblegum on a nearby wire loom, and a nearly empty reservoir.

H/K are the only manufacturers I am aware of that don't transfer the powertrain warranty to subsequent owners. You should be good.

H/K are the only manufacturers I am aware of that don't transfer the powertrain warranty to subsequent owners. You should be good.
Toyota warranty is on the vehicle, not the owner

Thanks, am hopeful this will go smoothly. It hasn't been what, two months and 5k yet, and the first failure? not quite what one wants when buying almost new. I get it, stuff happens, but not quite what I wanted to find when going to do a routine oil change! ruins my otherwise nice fall day.

Will call tomorrow, but curious if I can get an answer ahead of time--on my used 2021 Corolla, which is inside of the 5yr/60k powertrain, that should automatically be under warranty, right? I'm not seeing much about the basic drivetrain, but am seeing stuff about how I need to contact the prior owner and/or dealership...? seems like, it's under the mark, so it should just be covered, right?
Right. They will have you sign a diag fee to check it out but that will be waived assuming it wasn't caused by an accident or somebody didn't put in the wrong coolant.

Right. They will have you sign a diag fee to check it out but that will be waived assuming it wasn't caused by an accident or somebody didn't put in the wrong coolant.
I'm fine with that, I need to go back anyhow and get a key made, and to check on that TSB for the battery discharge. So they'll make money regardless.

WRONG. I don't want anyone to take the post literally and pay out of pocket for a repair when they didn't need to.
The 10/100K powertrain warranty becomes 5/60K for the second owner in the USA.
The other warranty's like the limited basic warranty, rust perforation and roadside assistance remain the same.

But it is total vehicle miles and the date when the first buyer bought it. So if the 1st owner owned it 36 months with 40K on it and you bought it from him/her, you'd have 24 months and 20K of basic limited warranty, powertrain warranty left and roadside assistance left but you'd have 84 months and 60K on the limited anti-perforation warranty. If I'm wrong please reply to clear up any confusion.

WRONG. I don't want anyone to take the post literally and pay out of pocket for a repair when they didn't need to.
The 10/100K powertrain warranty becomes 5/60K for the second owner in the USA.
The other warranty's like the limited basic warranty, rust perforation and roadside assistance remain the same.

But it is total vehicle miles and the date when the first buyer bought it. So if the 1st owner owned it 36 months with 40K on it and you bought it from him/her, you'd have 24 months and 20K of basic limited warranty, powertrain warranty left and roadside assistance left but you'd have 84 months and 60K on the limited anti-perforation warranty. If I'm wrong please reply to clear up any confusion.

The first owner of a H/K vehicle receives a 10 year/100k powertrain warranty, that does not transfer to subsequent owners.

H/K has 5/60k bumper to bumper and yes, 10/100k powertrain to the first owner. But, the 5/60 B2B technically covers powertrain for 5/60k so no need to split hairs over what it's called.

Back