Owners Report 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited

CKN

So-since there are some many Hyundai "Experts" on this board-some who have never owned one and never will, I decided to do a half way through ownership report. The vehicle will shortly be 5 years old-and at 51,000 miles is half through the planned ownership of the vehicle. It will be sold or traded in as the powertrain warranty expires just before 100,000 miles.

There are trades offs buying a Korean vehicle as the ride and handling are not as refined as some of the competitors-nor is the buttons and switches. You push the heated seat buttons and they feel like they going to break-even though they have been quite sturdy for 5 years. This was all noted prior to purchase.

A remarkable thing is the leather (i.e. pleather) interior. It has held up remarkably well. It should be noted that in my 2018 Silverado LTZ the driver's seat leather cushion was replaced under warranty for a tear at about 40,000 miles.

Where the vehicle shines is in the performance of the 3.3 and six speed combo. I believe the 3.3 makes for 293 horsepower and when pushed you are quite frankly "gone". Makes for great fun when getting on a wide open Interstate. The performance is not expected solely by the vehicle's design language.

Currently has Generals RT43's and they are a little more noisy than when new. The oil has been changed every 5,000ish miles with whatever synthetic is on sale or the Synthetic that the Valvoline Instant Place puts in. I was going to take a picture under the hood-but nothing to see other than a plastic motor cover. You pop it off to access the filter housing for the oil filer.

No ownership issues what so ever. It's not affected by the new "park outside" recall. But there is an open recall for a bigger charcoal cannister.

Purchase price inc. ALL FEES in May of 2017 was $35,945.00

Detailed with NuFinish about a month ago.

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_185519934.jpg
    PXL_20220226_185519934.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
A perfectly boring no drama vehicle with some power. Nice. My old 02 Xterra makes about 93 ponies out of the same 3.3 displacement and when you push it hard you have to look close to see the speedo needle move. What a difference 15 years makes.

Reactions: CKN
A perfectly boring no drama vehicle with some power. Nice. My old 02 Xterra makes about 93 ponies out of the same 3.3 displacement and when you push it hard you have to look close to see the speedo needle move. What a difference 15 years makes.
Yes-the zero to 60 time is 7.3 seconds. Not bad for a family hauler.

Back