Toyota oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's the deal. I have 86K on my Sienna V-6. I have changed the oil at 4,000 - 8,000 miles with dino oil. Last year, I used valv. high mileage synth blend 5-30. I went 8K miles with this. I am now running PP in it. Since their advertisements mention cleaning out a system, should I go with a lower mileage oil change for the first go around? Or, will I be fine with a filter change midway through?

Thanks,

Dan J

I would go 4K on the first change including filter. After if you want to run it out to 8K go ahead. Really no need to change the filter in the middle of the OCI if using a good quality filter.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I would go 4K on the first change including filter. After if you want to run it out to 8K go ahead. Really no need to change the filter in the middle of the OCI if using a good quality filter.

+1 Good advice. Gotta listen to johnny.

Since I am the original owner and have mixed town and highway usage, I will go with a PP change around 4K-5K, along with a carquest (Wix) filter change out. I may even get an OCA to see what things look like for the future.

Thanks for the input!

dino or syntheic is ok. between 3000 miles to 190,000 miles, I used dino. after 190,000 miles, I am using synthetic.

Toyota v6 works really well on castrol syntec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back