Toyota Matrix v. Pontiac Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use XD3 0w30 and Napa Gold 1396[Vibe GT filter] on a 10,000km or 6200 mile OCI. I tested this oil out to 15,000km but oxidation and nitration were getting too high for my likeing. These cars do mostly stop and go driving and tons of idling so that severely limits the OCI. The transmissions get Amsoil ATF with a pan drain every 50,000km. I've also added an external cooler and an Amsoil bypass filter to the cooling circuit.

99% of my customers love the Vibes. The seniors find the doors really light and easy to open/close. The seats are just the right height for easy entry/exit. The hatch has plenty of room for a load of groceries or luggage. If need be the rear seats can be folded down for even more room. The back seat is the roomiest of any small car I've ever seen. I'm 6'2 220lbs and can sit back there with room to spare as long as the front seats arn't pushed all the way back. The only ones who complain are the occasional 6'8" 300lb monster customers we pick up. Or groups of a dozen teenagers who figure they should all be able to fit in.

The only gripe I have about them is the choppy ride and lack of sound insulation. But these are economy cars, not Cadillacs so it's not unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back