Toyota Hourly Workers...You're Next!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can spin this any way you want it....

However, the "import" companies have been way, way better at keeping workers employed at US plants than the "domestics" have.

Toyota, Honda, etc have never closed up shop and moved to Mexico.

For a prime example of factory closings and results, see Flint and Detroit, MI. Some areas of Detroit proper have now reverted back to urban prarie after houses were torn down and no one moved back in to vacate the empty spaces.

http://www.detroityes.com/home.htm

Last edited:
Less wages to pay the bills of maintaining the place. That's all it amounts to. You put money in fewer hands who don't pay as many bills ...you get bigger bills to pay for everyone else. Simple math.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Honda has a plant in Mexico, but the cars produced there are not sold in the USA.

VW builds in Mexica, too.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: brianl703
Honda has a plant in Mexico, but the cars produced there are not sold in the USA.

VW builds in Mexica, too.

Add Toyota building in Mexico(and Canada) to the list - and they also sell them in the USA.

Howdy to all,

Interesting topic of conversation about Honda's auto plants in the USA.

I read last month that Honda, will be closing the Motorcycle assembly plant in Marysville, Ohio, and returning the building of the Goldwing and other bikes made there, to Japan. Not Mexico or other countries, but Japan.

I wonder why that is, as I think the Ohio plant, was Honda's first factory in the USA? Maybe Honda, knows something we don't? Obviously.

Originally Posted By: pastmaster

I wonder why that is, as I think the Ohio plant, was Honda's first factory in the USA? Maybe Honda, knows something we don't? Obviously.

Here is what Honda said about the move:

"This move allows us to improve the competitiveness and appeal of our products by applying the latest technologies and production systems at one efficient location," said Akio Hamada, president and chief executive of Honda of America.

Complete Article

I dont know if I will buy toyota again if the quality decreases even more because of this. My 01 corolla is a $18k car with $12k quality thanks to the cheap looking plastic interior parts.

Originally Posted By: ALS
Add in about $6 per hour for medical benefits.
Then add in another $4 per hour in SSI contributions unemployment and Workman's comp insurance. That $20 per hour job is costing Toyota $30 per hour. Plus pension and vacation pay.
That $20 line worker is closer to a 65,000 dollar a year job for Toyota.
The worker after taxes will see $28K in net pay probably.

Thank you... someone that understands the differences between burdened and unburdened labor costs, and the realities of what costs really can be.

JMH

'Globalization' has brought other countries standard of living up but it has brought ours down.

Off Topic: I wonder if the Clinton's will still "feel our pain" now that Bill has made over a hundred million dollars (giving speeches and writing his memoirs) since leaving office in 2000 ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back