Toyota Hourly Workers...You're Next!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internal documents leaked from Toyota and confirmed by the company show that they will be following GM by reducing hourly workers' wages in the U.S. by 50% in the near future. It's a pretty sure bet that all other "import" manufacturers in the U.S. will follow suit.

Workers who don't go for the new plan will have the option of going home, and being replaced by new workers who will be happy for the $14 hr. wage.

Source-autospies.com

Past union contracts had janitors making the same wage as skilled factory works (if there is such a thing). Current contracts are splitting up more job classifications. Gone are the days when completely unskilled jobs with no responsibilities will be paying in excess of $85k a year.

The only problem I see with this is that it could really make unions look good to the workers.

Originally Posted By: MrCritical
Internal documents leaked from Toyota and confirmed by the company show that they will be following GM by reducing hourly workers' wages in the U.S. by 50% in the near future. It's a pretty sure bet that all other "import" manufacturers in the U.S. will follow suit.

Workers who don't go for the new plan will have the option of going home, and being replaced by new workers who will be happy for the $14 hr. wage.

Source-autospies.com

If it's like GM, they are talking about STARTING wages.

I don't think they are planning to tell everyone when they come into work your pay is 50% what it was yesterday. take it or leave it.

What you've posted appears short on detail, and looking for this at the site you indicated drew a blank.

So why not give us a link, rather than just throwing out a "sound bite"

On AutoSpies.com, page 6 under News/Video

"Toyota Is Bad For America"

It says the average worker's pay is $30 hr.

At the TMMK plant in Georgetown, Kentucky, they start around $11 an hour for the assembly line, hired through Precision Staffing.

Of course, some who have been employed by Toyota directly for years make well over $20 an hour.

I don't know. Even the starting wage sounds reasonable for unskilled labor. I'm sure there are people who would jump at a job that even pays minimum wage so they could get by. I've never really understood what the fuss was about with auto workers getting paid $15 an hour. There has to be worse jobs that pay less.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
It is the result of lowering the U.S.A. standard of living to that of a third world country.
Yep everyone though it was so great to buy products that were NOT made in the USA. Now they are going to have to live with the results from it.
In time it will filter down to everyone and we will be working at the wages of other countries.
Sure glad I'm retired.

Add in about $6 per hour for medical benefits.
Then add in another $4 per hour in SSI contributions unemployment and Workman's comp insurance. That $20 per hour job is costing Toyota $30 per hour. Plus pension and vacation pay.
That $20 line worker is closer to a 65,000 dollar a year job for Toyota.
The worker after taxes will see $28K in net pay probably.

so all these posts about assembly line workers making over $30 an hour is just workman's comp, SSI added in? I was looking more for net pay.

Circuit City did this to their salespeople last year. Basically fired them all and said if they wished they could re apply in 6 months. new employees had significantly less wages.

One reason I no longer visit Circuit City!

Their compensation pales to what the CEO gets and the final product lies on the hourly workers not the do nothing management look at the results.

Originally Posted By: Spector
Circuit City did this to their salespeople last year. Basically fired them all and said if they wished they could re apply in 6 months. new employees had significantly less wages.

One reason I no longer visit Circuit City!

The workplace laws that got voted out in Oz last year were worse than that.

Workers at the Mean Fiddler (a VERY popular Irish pub) were turning up on ANZAC Day (their busiest), expecting penalty rates of 2.5 times, getting them $40/hour.

They were herded into a room, presented with their new AWA (Australian Workplace Agreement), which had cut out penalty rates, as a trade off for higher base rates (something like 5c/hour)...take it, or walk. A few walked.

Pub still charged patrons a 10% "holiday surcharge".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back