Toyota Corolla very low oil level. Damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday my neighbor raised his voice (rare) ripping his daughter because he decided to check her little Toyota and found no oil on the dipstick. My wife was out front cleaning the glass on her Lexus. As the neighbor was trying to explain the importance of checking and maintaining the oil level and while he was adding oil, his daughter was most interested messing with her cell phone instead of paying attention. I suppose he'll be checking it more often with her standing there but it was clear according to my wife she couldn't put the cell phone aside for a few minutes.
He bought the car for his daughter (her 1st car) early this year, did maintenance (fluids, new battery, tires etc.).

Last edited:
Someone should develop a smart-phone app that checks oil and sends alerts.

For millennials.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: DMZ
Someone should develop a smart-phone app that checks oil and sends alerts.

For millennials.
grin.gif

Nothing really will help these millennials, they are out of control in many ways.
The only way to teach them lessons is to keep them away from our homes once they turn 18.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
As the neighbor was trying to explain the importance of checking and maintaining the oil level and while he was adding oil, his daughter was most interested messing with her cell phone instead of paying attention. I suppose he'll be checking it more often with her standing there but it was clear according to my wife she couldn't put the cell phone aside for a few minutes.
He bought the car for his daughter (her 1st car) early this year, did maintenance (fluids, new battery, tires etc.).

IMO thats also on daddy. If he can't or won't command her attention, then of course she'll just keep her nose buried in her phone. Being the authority figure it would have been easy for him to either tell her to put the phone down aND pay attention or take the phone from her. The fact that he didn't says that he is a poor leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back